Monday, February 13, 2017

Group Email - January 23 2017

Dear world,

It's been a crazy couple of weeks! I'm still here in the office, transfer #5! And I'll probably not leave until after my 6th, so if that's the case, then I will have been in the office for more than a third of my mission.... That's a long time. 

Besides that, I have been in a trio with Elder Yoder and Elder Wait (former companion and fellow office slave) because a missionary fractured his skull (true story) and Elder Judd was shipped off to work with the injured elders companion, and now we're back! It's been a crazy couple weeks with transfers but I won't bore you with all that stuff.

Have you ever looked at a rose in a magnified view? Like, a magnifying glass or something similar? It is REALLY UGLY. It's incredible! There is nothing beautiful about a rose close up. It looks like the nastiest plant you've ever seen. But when you look at it from farther out, it's a very beautiful flower. God see's us for our potential, and for who we are as a whole - we sometimes see ourselves and others like a close up rose - we look for defects and little ugly parts, when really we are Children of God, with beautiful potential and beautiful lives! If you're sad, look at those around you. Analyze what you know - God loves you! He has given His Son Jesus Christ to Atone for your sins and mistakes. You don't need to look at yourself, or others, so closely that you see every defect. Be content with the beauty that comes with divine potential. I know that God loves us and that He wants us to be happy, and that our potential is to be like Him! I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior!

And you guys too!


- Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment