Monday, February 13, 2017

Crazy Week, Crazier Week Ahead (Feb 6)

This is an email exchange been Daddio V and Elder V:

Heyya there, dad!

Haha whenever you have one of these big familysearch events, I go onto lds.org and try to look for your name in the program. It wasn't :( but Steve Rockwood's was there, and you're next in line so that was cool. What a crazy week! Did they do these RootsTech things before I left? I don't remember you doing a lot of stuff with it, and I would really like to go one time because it sounds really awesome. I'm excited to see mom's cake! It sounds like it's going to be her best one yet! 

So, we found this super awesome little family. Oh man they are so cool! The only sad thing is that if they get baptized, I don't know if I will be there for the baptism, because I'll probably switch to the other Porto 1 area with Elder Wait, because (I found this out recently) there is apparently a rule that missionaries can't be more than 5 transfers in an area without the permission of a general authority, so President just switches the office elders to the other office area after the fifth to make it work. So I might not be in Porto 1C, which is my area, I might be in Porto 1A, which is basically the same thing but I wouldn't be able to teach Bruno and Liliana. But God is smarter than I am, so I'll just trust that whatever happens will be what He wants to happen to me, and that I will need the outcome more than my current desire. 

yay! That activity sounds awesome! It's awesome to hear that that YM had a spiritual experience. I bet that he wasn't super optimistic about confessing, but if he could read that little line where you said "it's so great!!!" he'd probably see how much his leaders care and want to help. And for all the youth! And we as children of God, really. If we could always see just how much Heavenly Father loves us, we would probably act so differently. 

Oh man. I'm so stoked to eat broccoli dip, dad. You have no idea. 

Well, good luck with RootsTech! I hope it goes super well! I love you and mom and the whole family! I'm so grateful for you guys. You're the best. 

Love, Elder Valentine!


No comments:

Post a Comment