Tuesday, January 5, 2016

First Letter to Fam of 2016

Dear Family,

Wazzup?? Haha man time is really flying by. I have a couple really funny things to tell you guys. First, I found out about a muscle I didn't know I had! They call it the "cobblestone muscle" here. It's this muscle in the front of your leg that isn't really developed until you have to pull up your toes every step because the cobblestone roads are so uneven! At the beginning of the transfer the front of my shins hurt like crazy and I had no idea why, but it's because of this muscle! Super weird!

Dad - man! Way cool stuff in your last letter! Sherlock, Downton Abbey, scripture goals - I loved it all! haha you said at the end something about me liking fish more - we had lunch at our Bishop's house (Bishop Luis Pitarma who served in florida!) and they had the shrimp that you have to pull off the head and the legs and at first I really didn't want to eat it... and then I ate like 7 or 8. It was actually pretty good. OH ALSO! I went inside the Coimbra University Library today for P day! It was super super amazing! You would have LOVED it. Tons of books and art and crazy cool stuff - all of the walls and columns and ceiling is covered in REAL gold. Like, legit. It's nuts. You can't take pictures in the actual library, but I took some cool pictures in other parts of the University that I will send next week, due to the sketchiness of the computer I am using. I promise I am thinking of things you guys can send. I will think about anything I need!

Mom - Hi mom! So yeah they basically do the same thing for new years, except everyone gets drunk and has big concerts that go all night long, though that probably happens everywhere outside of Utah! I was on the Division with Elder Vontade on New Years Eve and we walked and talked to lots of people because lots of people were out and about! But for the New Year specifically, we didn't do too much. I slept! And When I got up the next day you guys were just barely yelling "HAPPY NEW YEARS!" since it's a 7 hour difference! Diets - um, yeah. Family diet. I'll do it with ya'll. That's all I'm gonna say. I wrote you a little more in another email. Love ya mom!

Kimber - Heyya! Like I said, New years was lots of drunk people... haha! We did regular stuff! Except for trying to dodge the drunk people. It was almost like a game! You sound like you have a lot going on with moving and scripture challenges - I'll pray lots for ya! Make sure to tell me what your challenge will be! I'd love to hear what you want to do! Dad sent me his plan for the year and I really liked it. I'd love to hear some stuff you and Kevin want to work on!

Kevin - I'll write ya in a reply!

Amanda - good luck on your trip sister! It sounds super exciting and I hope it goes super well!

Anna and Ethan - Haha! School! Stinks for you! Just kidding - missionaries don't get any breaks so feel lucky! tell me how things are goin! :) 

Anyways, I love you guys super a ton. If I missed anything, tell me! Love you!


Love, Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment