Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Happy New Year Group Email

Dear Everyone,
Happy new years! I hope that you all made really good goals for 2016 - It's very important! Presidente Amorim challenged all of the missionaries to setting goals for our missionary work, and I have been thinking a lot about goals lately. It is essential that we set reachable goals that will push us to become better - it's basically like using the Atonement but thinking about it for the upcoming year! If you think about it that way, it becomes a lot clearer the importance of setting and reaching goals. I hope you all do it!

Cool story for the week - I went on a division with one of the Zone Leaders, Elder Vontade, who is from Mozambique (is it spelled that way in English? I think that might be the Portuguese spelling. But I don't know!), and only speaks Portuguese. So for a whole day I was just speaking Portuguese! So for those of you who have asked how my Portuguese is going, I guess you could say that I can be stuck with a Portuguesean for a whole day and do just fine. It was way cool! We contacted lots of people, and one more person who speaks English, with one more failure at speaking English. #thestruggleisreal. But It was a really good day! I learned lots!

For my spiritual thought, I want to bear my testimony on testimonies. Elder Crist and I talked to a lot of people this week who were not very nice, and atheist, and were arguing about how we can't know if God exists and things like that. A lot of them said that if you can't prove it, it isn't real. They were looking for physical proof and had never been exposed to the spiritual side of things. I am just so glad that I can say with 100% surety that I have a Father in Heaven, who loves me, and gave His Son to be our Savior. Atheists seem to love to bash your knowledge of that! Not all of them, but a lot. But because I KNOW through my testimony, given to me by the Spirit, who I am, and who sent me here, and why I'm here and where I'm going, these harsh words don't have to have effect. Your testimony is your anchor. It helps you feel God's love and see His direction in your life. If you don't have a testimony or yours is weak, pray and study God's words to gain this assurance! I know Heavenly Father hears our prayers. He will answer His children. 

Transfers are happening tomorrow, so next week I will have a new companion. This was a pretty good transfer, but with my goals and all, I really hope to make this next transfer a better one!

Nothing super exciting happened this week, but I'm sure there will be more next time! Thcau, for now!


-Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment