Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Good night, sleep tight, watch out for those bed bugs tonight... (Sep 26)

Dear Everyone,

This week was pretty exciting! We had some good success finding people here in our ward - we did a big Hawaiian party at the chapel and had about 150 people there! Some non member families came and loved the feeling they had in the church, and unfortunately for us they live out of our area but fortunately for them other missionaries will teach them now. I love watching families recognize the blessings of the Gospel, even from just being in a church building. It's so happy to see!

So a few weeks ago, some Elders came into the office to get some stuff from us, and little did I know that they had fleas/bed bugs/whatever other little bugs portugal has. A couple weeks ago I woke up with about 45 bites (it was hard to count because there were lots) all over me. I had no idea what was going on - I thought a swarm of mosquitos had gotten me the day before, then that night I got even more! Long story short we sprayed the house with some bug spray and I washed all of my clothes and it was going good, but then I was in a meeting with President Amorim (our mission president) and his wife Sister Amorim, and I had my arms on the table with a short sleeved white shirt on, and she saw all of the bites and decided to take out all of our mattresses, take them to a place to burn them, and de-infect our house professionally. So we have been sleeping at the mission home for the last few days! I look like I have chicken pox right now, but I haven't been bitten in a while, so things are looking good. :) 

I would like to share a story with you all! My mom sent it to me and I love it. Disclaimer - it's long, because it's basically a talk. So don't read if you don't have time, but if you don't have time then make time. Because it's good. It's part of a talk called "the lord's wind" by Elder John H. Groberg.

Before you read it I'll wrap up - Prayer is an essential aspect of the Gospel. It is how we comunicate with our Father in Heaven! It is His established way to thank him, talk to him, and ask him for help. But sometimes we need to have trust in the Lord and truly be His wind, truly be the answers to our own prayers as well as the prayers of others. I love my Father in Heaven and I know that He answers prayers! Have a great week everyone!

- Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment