Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Shine the Light! (Sep 7 2016)

Dear Everyone,

I'm sorry for the lack of emails lately! Office work is crazy. Yesterday we had a mission conference with Elder Zwick of the Seventy, and it was super super good, but it messed up our p-day again, so now it's today! 

It has been a really good couple of weeks! My comps Elder Yoder and Elder Karthigeyan and started a game to contact as many people as we can by trading contacts, and if you don't do your contact then you owe the other two lunch. I hope that makes sense. It has been amazing! We have been talking to literally everyone that is on the street! Haha I even contacted a teenage couple making out on a bench; I gave them a Law of Chastity pamphlet. :) It was an amazing way to overcome any fear I had left of really "opening my mouth" to the whole world! We are teaching a couple of people right now; we have invited them to be baptized, but they want to wait until they hear more. Their names are Carlos and Gustavo.

The conference with Elder Zwick was so amazing! I can't imagine how the church could be false with such amazing men running it worldwide. Elder Zwick talked a lot about our obedience and sacrifice, the first two commandments of the gospel, and how we can sacrifice MORE. As a missionary I have left home and my family and school or whatever eles, but that's not all there is to it. I can sacrifice my thoughts, my pride, my fears, my sins; anything that "dampens" my light; to do the Lord's work. And when we do that, Christ becomes a light in our lives that shines through us, and we can share that light with the whole world! We almost literally become a light that other people can see and follow. How amazing is that? We as members can sacrifice parts of ourselves and become stronger lights that our families and our friends can see. There is a quote that says "preach the gospel at all times, and if necessary, use words." This is how we do it! I love the gospel and I am so excited every day to try and be a stronger light to bring more people unto Christ. 

I won't have a p day next week, I don't think, because we in the office help the mission president with Transfer plans which is this weekend, and it means that we need to work through our p day. So I will talk to you all in a couple weeks!´


- Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment