Tuesday, August 4, 2015

2nd MTC P-day - New Letters!

Elder Valentine enjoyed his 2nd P-Day in the MTC today. He was able to attend the temple this morning, and write a couple of letters! Here's the email he sent to his large and ever-growing fan club:

Hi everyone! It's been a really good week! New elders came in last week, and it was really fun to see all of the dork dots on everyone's tags because all you hear all day from other missionaries is "welcome to the MTC!!" Which is nice for like 2 minutes, and then you feel like the new kid at school. It makes me laugh! Some of my friends came in (Elder Achter, Elder Henderson, and Elder Stewart) and it was really cool to see them! except all of them are going state side, so they all leave the MTC before me. Lame.

The days SERIOUSLY blur together. It's so bad that I can't even remember if I mentioned that in my last email! So I'll try my best to tell everything!

My district had an English fast on thursday, which means we only spoke portuguese the entire day. It was SO hard!! I couldn't say hardly anything I wanted to. But it was a really cool learning experience for the language; I feel like I learned a lot! We are probably going to do an English fast every week from now on! Super cool!

The investigator, Barbara, that Elder Meza and I have been teaching, totally gave up coffee, to which she said "coffee is life!" but that she was willing to do it! So cool! and then, Barbara became our second teacher, whose real name is Irma (sister) Wells. She is seriously so cool! We have learned a lot from her because she REALLY enforces only speaking portuguese, and she has a really good style of teaching that invites the spirit all the time. I love it!

We had fast sunday here at the MTC, (not like you all didn't) and it was so good! Fast sunday's here consist of 2 big devotionals, one with the MTC presidency and the other with a guest, who was Sherri Dew! Her talk was so powerful! She talked a lot about the need to bare (bear?) your testimony to investigators, because most of the world has never heard someone say with conviction "I KNOW this to be true!" 

We are so blessed to gain perfect understanding through the spirit. Those blessings come through our diligence in living God's commandments and listening to the words of our church leaders, who are inspired and called of God to progress His work here on Earth. Don't ever be afraid to bear (bare?) your testimony. The worst that can happen is that the person won't feel anything because they are closed in their hearts, and they'll be like "that was nice." and then you'll be on your way. The best that can happen is that you introduce one of God's children to the most important knowledge they have EVER heard in their life, that of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and their salvation becomes an obtainable goal. So please. Don't be afraid to bear/bare your testimony. 

I'll start us off: I know that our Savior, Jesus Christ, lives, and that he atoned for our sins so that we can be eternally happy. He loves us so much that he paid for every sin we have or will ever commit. Think about that! Really, really think about it. He loves us. He loves me. I have felt his love so much as I have been here at the MTC. So many blessings have come to me from the spirit, whether it be language help or understanding of principles or just comfort being here away from everything I've ever known. Joseph Smith restored this gospel and translated the most true book on Earth, the Book of Mormon. I know that because if he didn't, then basically my whole life, and the next two years, and the history of this gospel, would be the biggest chain of coincidental "miracles" that you've ever seen. Which it's not. I have had spiritual confirmation of the truthfulness of this gospel. And I'm going to go share that Spirit with as many people as I can. You do it too! like I said; you could literally save someone eternally. That is a worthy reward for a few minutes of uncomfortable testimony baring/bearing. So just do it! :)

I love the gospel! And all of you! Thank you for supporting me in my mission! See ya'll next week!


-Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment