Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Elder Valentine's 2nd Family Letter

Here is Elder Valentine's 2nd letter to his adoring family. We love you, Spencer! Here it is:

Hello family!
I love you so much! I don't really miss home, which is good, just don't be offended. I seriously dont even have time to think around here. But it's been really good! Thank you so much for Including me in all of your prayers! I have felt a lot of blessings recently and I have no doubt it is from those prayers. The MTC is pretty good; Elder Meza and I have been getting along better, which is good, but it's still hard sometimes to just talk to him and try and be his friend. Like, we're good, but it's just like awkward silences sometimes. My music calling is going well; there are so many talented people in my Zone! There are super good piano players and flute players and singers, and they are all willing to share their talents! I actually get released on sunday, so someone else will have to do my job. But i have enjoyed it! 

I eat way too much. I'm gonna be fat. the end.

Ethan and anna, im sorry that you dont feel good! i actually havent felt good lately either! there is a flu virus going around the MTC, and i may or may not have caught it. I dont really know, but I hope it goes away!

Kevin, thanks for writing me! And for your advice and just saying hi! I really appreciate it so much!

Dad: I have seen elder talbot a few times! i actually think he left today, which makes me sad that i didnt get to see him one last time before he left! I go to the temple every p day, which is super awesome, so ive now been twice. the most important thing I have learned is how powerful the Spirit is in teaching, and how important sincere prayer is! It's our way to literally talk to our Heavenly Father, and He loves to hear from us! My prayers have seriously changed here. I find myself praying so much for other people and guidance in serving the Lord. I can absolutely see the blessing as I pray with my whole heart. I love it SO much!

OHHHH!!!! tonight for our Tuesday devotional, I heard an apostle is coming!!!! I'm so Excited!!!! Ill tell you about it next week!

as for treats, I honestly dont know. I like lots of stuff. Super not helpful, but hey! I like surprises!

The only other things I can think of that happened this week is that I found out that my name tag makes a way good kazoo, and I got our whole district playing hymns with parts and everything. SO FUNNY! Our zone leaders left this week, so now its just me and Elder Meza in our room. I hope new guys come in tomorrow to our room! Elder Ah Quin can recite the ENTIRE first harry potter movie. It is stinking hilarious. Like, no joke. The whole thing.

Well, I'm on for like ten minutes, so if I forgot something I'll try and say it, but I love you SOOO much! I'm actually crying right now. I hope no one sees me. I love getting letters from the family. Please dont stop! Okay! I'm heading out! Love you! Bye!!
Love,

Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment