Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Elder Valentine Week 5 Family Letter

One of our last -- if not THE last -- message from Elder Valentine from the MTC!!

Oi minha familia! 
Hi family! It's so good to be able to write again! Unfortunately, I don't know if I have a lot to write about this week. Everything happens too fast! 

Although, one thing that I thought about a lot was the spirit I felt in that devotional last Tuesday. It was seriously the most amazing thing ever. I was so anxious and excited and ready to just go preach! I loved it! One of the things that I thought about while it was happening was that you guys should invite the Powells over for a family home evening lesson soon. I don't know how that popped into my head - lie. It was the spirit. I don't know why, but I had a really strong impression that you should do that. So, uh, do it! Tell me how it goes! 

I'm very glad that everything is going well at home! and that Anna can drive the van! And that Dad threw his back out! Oh wait. My bad. That stinks! Get better! I pray for you guys all the time! I hope that you can feel the blessings that come from the service of a missionary!

Dad, I would love it if you could send me some of your thoughts/scriptures/whatever about the Atonement. It's a big topic, but I feel like that's something that I want to be able to teach a lot better and would help me a ton. Or baptism if you can! Get better, home slice! 

Mom! do you remember that green jacket that Grandpa Folkman gave me for my mission? I think it's still in the closet! If you are sending anything else before I leave, could you send that with it? I would love it! And if you have anymore talks or whatever that you read, I love getting those from you! Oh, and thanks for sending that package last week! I love zucchini bread!

Ethan and Anna! Good luck in school! I pray every night that you guys will be able to be examples to the people you are with at school and that you can feel the spirit help you through this year as you read and pray daily to receive God's blessings. I love you! And Anna; I'm glad that you're taking orchestra! It will be so awesome for you! 

Manda: when is your baby coming?? I feel like I've been here forever, and everything just drags on, or goes incredibly fast, and I am just so excited for you, I just want it to happen already!

Kimber and Kevin: I hope that everything is going well for you guys! I miss seeing you guys and you kids, and talking to Kevin about missionary stuff, and everything. 

Like I said, I pray for you guys every night before bed. I really love you all so much and I am so glad to be able to talk to you once a week! 

Oh yeah!!!!! My flight plans!!! Dad, I'm assuming that my VISA went through because my flight plans say I'm going to chicago, then germany, then portugal!!!!! I get up at like 3:30 tuesday morning, and my flight is supposed to leave at 8:30. I don't know yet how it all works for calling and stuff; we have an orientation thing on thursday that should tell us more. So I'll tell you all that I know on monday hopefully!

I love you guys! Be safe! Don't throw out any more backs! 
Love,

Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment