Monday, August 31, 2015

The "Surprise" Email - Elder Valentine Temporary Reassignment to California

On Friday, August 28, Elder Valentine sent us the following email that announced a big change for our young missionary!


Hi family! 
So, I got reassigned to Santa Rosa California because my visa has apparently not gone through yet. I got the reassignment at lunch today and was told to email my family. I also got an email that I will forward to mom and dad that says to not call or try to see where the visa is, because it can actually slow down the process.

I'm not going to lie, I was a little dissapointed right as I found out about the reassignment. I've been waiting for six months to go to Portugal, and it was a little hard to find out that I am going to California. But I'm doing the Lord's work. My reassignment was also made by an apostle through the power of God. My testimony and ability to teach will serve the people well in Santa Rosa!
I am leaving on Tuesday still, but I leave at 9:50 instead of 8:00. I will probably only get to call home before I leave the airport in Salt Lake, so unfortunately I won't be able to call multiple times in other airports. But I might be able to call when I go to Portugal later, so that could be awesome to call more than once! I don't know how the calling works yet; I could call anywhere from like 5 AM to 8:30 or something. That's all, I guess! I know that Santa Rosa is where the Lord needs me. I am ready to teach and be an effective servant of the Lord wherever I am called. And, I'm not gonna lie, it might be kind of nice to be able to speak English for a little while! If you have any questions or whatever, I might be able to hop back on later, but I'm not sure if they just wanted me to let you know or be able to respond to the surprise or whatever. Anyway, I love you SOOO much! The gospel is true! Tchau, or goodbye, I suppose, for now!
Love,
Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment