Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Elder Valentine Week 5 Group Letter

Hi everyone! 
I've been at the MTC for more than a month now! I love the gospel sooo much! I have had some really cool experiences this week feeling the spirit work on me as a missionary and working with others and all kinds of good stuff! 
So first off, our Tuesday devotional last week was by Elder Echo Hawk of the Seventy. (I thought that was a pretty sweet name.) He talked about member involvement in missionary work and how 1 in 10 referrals from a member get baptized! How amazing is that? That totally emphasized the importance of being missionaries outside of the mission: which I can't really do right now, but you all can!! Anyway, He also talked about... well I don't really remember, because while he was talking, I felt the spirit probably stronger than I ever have testify to me of the importance and blessings of my calling as a missionary, and the impact that my preparations and diligence as a missionary will have on the eternal salvation of the people I will teach. It was the most amazing thing! I was sitting in the big auditorium where we hold devotionals and I literally could not sit still because the spirit was so strong. I felt like I needed to get up and go preach the gospel! I had so many inspired thoughts go through my head about what I need to do and how I can help others and serve my fellow missionaries and love and... oh man! What an amazing experience!!!! I testify that our Heavenly Father loves us and will give us blessings as we serve Him! I just want to go to Portugal already!

Speaking of which! I got my travel plans this week and I leave on Tuesday morning at 3 AM for portugal!!!! I am SOOO excited to get out there!!! 

On Friday, we had the opportunity to teach a lesson to a guy from Brazil on skype! It was so neat! It was totally different talking to someone who literally knew ZERO English. We taught him a lesson on hope, charity, and love, but he was super scripturally educated, so he basically taught us the lesson! Haha it was so funny! He had us turn to all these scriptures and taught us what he had learned about the topic. He has a son out on a mission and had a daughter out who got home, and he also served, so he is super missionary oriented right now, and taught us all of this stuff for our missions. It was super cool! 

Anyway, I think that's all that I have for the week. But I'll bear my testimony to you about repentance, the Atonement, and our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that God loves us. He sent His son to Atone for our sins so that we could become clean and live with Him in Heaven. Repentance is not something we should be scared to do! It is an amazing blessing that we should be ecstatic to be able to use always in our lives. Heavenly Father loves us most when we repent of our sins and start aligning our will with His. Because Jesus Christ suffered for our sins AND our pains, He knows us perfectly. There is not a single trial that you will go through that He can't help you with. All that we are asked to do is live the commandments and the word of God, and do our best to become like Christ, and He will give us unimaginable amounts of blessings. I know that Christ lives. He wants to help you. You just need to let Him! 

Okay! I think (think) that I might be writing on Monday before I head out, so that's when I will send my next email. Thank you all for your love and support! Have a good week!


-Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment