Friday, November 18, 2016

Elder V to Daddy V - Reply to "A Week at Home"

Hi Dad!

I did get to read your email and see all the pictures. It is all so amazing! I loved the pictures because I have been reading Jesus the Christ and James E. Talmage explains a lot of the topography and geography of the Lord's ministry, and sometimes it helps me visualize or imagine the scriptures better to see where it happened. Your trip sounds really amazing! I know that it was probably stressful sometimes, but I'm learning on the mission that the best times to remember are a lot of times the busiest or most stressful! 

Oh! You didn't watch Young Frankenstein?? I was counting on you guys watching it in my honor! I have mentioned it as a family tradition to the elders in my house. 

I hadn't heard that there were more Meet the Mormons segments - that's awesome! Was it pretty short or basically a new movie? I definitely wish we had more youth. There is a total of 2 young men and 1 young women (or woman haha)! 

Haha that's a funny prophet joke. I've got a Mormon one for ya - How many Mormon's does it take to screw in a lightbulb? 5 - one to screw in the lightbulb, one to preside, two to say the prayers, and one to bring the refreshments.

But on the serious part, I have thought a bit about your job in the church, and I remember one time that you said that one of the things you love about your job is that most of your meetings begin with a prayer. How sweet! Also, I like your job because it's the Lord's work - He won't let something bad happen to the business if it will slow down His work, so you can have faith that as you do your job and live the Gospel and fulfill your calling etc. that you will have real success at work! I like that. 

Haha yeah you big tough guy not getting sick! I bet it was just because you traveled so much and stayed out of the house!

More trips! Wow!

Answer to question - I think that the most important thing about the gifts of the Spirit is remembering the fact that, without God, we would be nothing. God gives us gifts for the benefit of others, so if we are striving to serve others with the gifts we are given, He will make those gifts/talents bigger in our lives. For example, I bet Amanda is going to get better with her music abilities quickly because she is writing LDS music now. Like I said, God gives us gifts to serve, and they can be huge parts of our lives if we use them how He wants. I see people who are dedicated to the Gospel, and people who are not, and I see the difference in "progression" in their lives. Family, social, personal, whatever - people who really live the gospel seem to be able to do more or serve better, but it's not because they are just special, but they dedicated themselves to God and God blessed them with more, because they used it well! It's like the parable of the pounds. Christ will give more to him who has a lot, because that man will use that "more" better! And those who don't use what they have don't progress, and get what they have taken away. That's just a little thought! 

Okay! Love you dad! Gotta go! You're awesome! Be safe on your trips!


Love, Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment