Friday, November 18, 2016

November 7 Group Email

My people,

What a fantastic last week this was! I do hope that you all felt the same!

Let me just say, as I have said before, that I love the Gospel for it's clarity and veracity. We taught Virgílio, who I think I mentioned last week. He's great! He just needs to have a better understanding of who God is. He believes firmly in Mother Nature and America. Two positive things, but he doesn't yet understand that God is a true and living Father in Heaven. He (Virgílio) is lost in religion, and thankfully we're here to help! God loves His children and wants them to know Him!

We also found a guy named Walter. He is super prepared for the Gospel! He accepted baptism right as soon as we invited him! The only problem is that he lives past Valongo, a city about 1:45 hour drive from us. Thankfully it's still in our area! Have I already said that I have a big area? Well that puts it into perspective - and I can drive a car for another couple hours past that and still be in what is technically my area! Sometimes I feel like Alma, who in Alma 29 wanted to preach the gospel to all as an Angel, and said - 

 9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.
 10 And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me.
Unfortunately, I can't preach the gospel to all of the people within that 4 hour radius. I would love to, but I am just one missionary in big place. But I know the Lord uses His servants to bring souls to Him, and I will go forth with the Gospel to as many as I can! And how can we apply this to a non-full time missionary life? Well, "by small and simple things are great things come to pass, and small means in many instances doth confound the wise." God doesn't ask for us to be instantly be ready to serve in our callings, or to talk openly to our friends about the gospel; He gives us the way as we DO. So DO! I love you all!

- Elder Valentine

No comments:

Post a Comment