Friday, November 18, 2016

Elder V to Mommy V - Reply to "What a Week" email

Hi mom!

I can't believe that everyone got sick! That's crazy! Did Dad just not get sick because he has been gone on trips? How are you feeling now? Has your snoring gone away? Haha it's a little bit funny but mostly just sad! I agree - being sick is just no fun! My least favorite thing is being burned, then being sick. I'll pray for the family to be feeling better!

Halloween sounds like a lot of fun! I took some pictures of my halloween costume - Elder Yoder  - but I can't find my camera! I don't know where I put it. I've been running around so much and getting home late every day and leaving early so much that I haven't even had time to look! Haha I'll have a lot of really crazy memories of being in the office, for sure!

The lesson with Virgílio was good! There is a cultural thing here that is hard for missionary work. It's that people will literally talk over each other so much that two people can be "talking" to each other but they are both talking at the same time, the whole time! That's not even a joke! They just interrupt and talk FOREVER. Virgílio is a little like that, haha. I have had to learn to draw the line of patience and just teaching. Preach My Gospel says that sometimes people will dominate a conversation and that we need to learn to handle the situation and teach effectively, which is super important in this country! So yeah, it was a good lesson, we just didn't get to teach as much as we wanted. We will keep teaching him and helping him with the stuff I talked about in the big email!

I'll try to take more pictures. I'm sorry! It's just never something I think about until Pday and then the week is already over!

Elder Wait is from Boston. He already graduated as an Architect with his Bachelors, I think! I don't know if he gets a lot of packages or anything. I'll ask him, discreetly, if he does or not and if he needs anything. Thanks mom!

I love big letters! I always read your and Dad's letters, no matter the length, and frankly letters from the family are better anyway! So write as much as you want!

And because of that, I'm sorry my letters have been short lately!

I love that scripture! God is so good!

Well, I gotta write Dad and I'll see if I can write the fam anymore. I love you mom! :)

Love, Elder Valentine! 




No comments:

Post a Comment