Friday, November 18, 2016

Spencer and Dad Email - November 14

Hi Dad!

You asked last week how I was doing - I'm doing alright! Like I've said before, I really don't think I could ever just be super sad and depressed and stuff like some missionaries, but sometimes it's still hard! It's been a really difficult proselyting switch from before the office to now. I feel like every week passes and I just didn't have the time I wanted to work and teach. It's already november! And by the time we leave the office it's already super dark. Haha I don't see the sun anymore! But yeah, it's been really strange. I get along alright with Elder Yoder, but this is the first time in my mission since training that I am not technically the Senior Comp, and he doesn't really listen to me or like to hear my suggestions on stuff. I never say anything negative to or about him, it's just like stuff when we'll be working or office issues, but it's been hard. Now, I'll stop talking about it because I'm really doing fine; it's just weird and I've been struggling to get out of these kinds of stressed and frustrated feelings that I get by working. We found a really awesome brazilian family on Sunday! They are from the "assembly of God" I think it's called in English, and they got here in Portugal a few months ago, and they were super interested in the Book of Mormon! And we have an appointment with that guy VirgĂ­lio tonight and we'll teach him the Plan of Salvation, and invite him to be baptized, and we'll see how it goes! I really love teaching! I get the best feeling when people understand or have more questions to understand, because it means they want to get closer to God. And I love that!

The bed bugs are gone, fortunately! Haha I didn't realize that I hadn't told you guys - Elder and Sister Roque (who are the office couple who are brazilian and awesome) took our mattresses and had them burned, got us new ones, and had an exterminator de buggify our house! So it's all good! Haha I thought is was a little much, but I haven't had any bites, so I can't complain! 

what I miss about Utah/America - I miss American food so much. Like homeade hamburgers and mashed potatoes and campfire hotdogs and breakfast burritos and milk and pot roast. And roomy houses are nice too! Everything in Portugal is small and squishy, and nobody has room for anything! And grass. There is like no grass here! Besides that, just non-missionary stuff like walking slow for no reason and relaxing after eating a meal. That never happens on the mission, haha!

That would be awesome if you could be partners with the Plymouth society! I understand better how important it is to have good records because here they don't have as many good records, and it makes genealogy harder. 

I didn't know that that is a problem in the church to have more faithful women than men, but now that you say it it is actually the case here too - the relief society is really big in my ward, and last week they joined the high priests group and the Elders quorum together and released the Elders quorum president because there aren't enough men. Strange! What do you think about it? What do you think needs to happen or what can we do as faithful priesthood holders to change? 

I wrote about Trump in mom's email. I'd like to hear your thoughts if you guys are comfortable with it!

I like to think eternally when I realize that this time on Earth really just isn't enough! It makes me happy to know that I will have the opportunity to progress eternally, depending on what I do here. 

Okay love you Dad! Thanks for your email! 


Love, Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment