Monday, May 29, 2017

Tranfser #17 - The End

Dear Everyone,

Well I haven't really talked about it, but I might as well just say it before people start freaking out; I'm entering my last transfer in the mission field this week. I'm staying with Elder Carrelo here in Santarém and we're going to have another amazing six weeks working hard together!

We're working with a couple, Vitor and Dorina, who only need to get married to get baptized. Besides that they're ready! It's a complicated process because Dorina is from Romania, so we have to work with the Romanian Embassy here to get it taken care of, but they should be getting baptized in the next couple weeks. We're excited! 

I was studying the doctrine and blessings of prayer, and I recognized something that I want to share from 2 Nephi 32:

"8 And now, my beloved brethren, I perceive that ye ponder still in your hearts; and it grieveth me that I must speak concerning this thing. For if ye would hearken unto the Spirit which teacheth a man to pray, ye would know that ye must pray; for the evil spirit teacheth not a man to pray, but teacheth him that he must not pray.

9 But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul."

In Portuguese, instead of saying "performance," the translation is just "action." I don't know why, but when I switched the word "performance" for "action," it made it simpler to understand and clearer for me. God will consecrate our righteous actions when pray for the same. But we have to pray always! Whenever we do something for the Lord or in service to Him, we should pray to have the action consecrated or set apart for our own good. I loved that and I am going to make my prayers more meaningful and pray more often because of what I learned!

Have a good week! Pray lots!

- Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment