Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Group Email Week 10!

Hi everyone!
I don't actually have a lot to write this week, we do very similar things day to day. But I have a couple of cool things to share!

We have actually been being fed lately! We had a dinner almost every night this week, and at every dinner we have the opportunity to share a spiritual message with the family. Sharing so many different messages have really helped me search for applications from the scriptures, because that is my primary source for inspiration! The families here are wonderful, and I am so very glad that I can serve them! 

We also had a zone conference with president Wright about finding through members. It was super super good! I love president Wright! He talked about gaining good relationships with members so that they would want to give us referrals of their friends, and helping members understand the importance of THEIR missionary work in the ward, because they are the primary source of fellowshipping after new converts arrive! The missionaries can't do it all by themselves!
Alright. These last couple of weeks, I have been studying my favorite scripture right now; Matthew 14:31 when Christ walks on water. "And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?" I LOVE this story. The fact that, in Peter's time of doubt and lack of faith, Christ IMMEDIATELY caught him and bore him up is amazing to me. Christ will never let us fall. Peter had faith to start, but was scared, and doubted that he could walk on water. But Christ did not hesitate to pull him up and save him, teaching him about faith at the same time. Christ is not only our Savior who will ALWAYS pull us up when we fall, but He is the ultimate teacher! He taught peter about faith right then in the midst of his trial. He does that for all of us! Peter had so much faith to even start but was frightened by the sea around him, but Christ was there the whole time, ready to save Peter the moment he fell. In our lives, we can be easily frightened by the sea (or the world) around us, and start to turn our gaze away from the Savior, wondering how in the WORLD we can get through all of the trials we have. But Christ is waiting right in front of you to catch you when you fall. Peter made the mistake of turning away. Sometimes we make mistakes, and turn away from the Savior, but He is ALWAYS there for us. 
Mmmkay! I feel like that's everything for ya'll! Sorry there isn't more exciting stuff; I'll try harder next week. Remember that the Savior loves you, and is ALWAYS there for you! No matter what! I love my Savior, and I am so glad to know that He is always there. Have a good week, everybody! Talk to you later!


-Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment