Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Family Email Week 10 - Week #4 in Santa Rosa

Sup hombries! That's not a word. Oh well! I love you all so much! I honestly have had a pretty boring week, so I'll answer some questions you guys asked and hopefully make this week sound more exciting!

Dad: Thanks for sending me those pictures of my certificate! I didn't even know that was a thing! Super cool! You asked about my Sundays: so we do some studies in the morning before church, and then go to ward council at the institute building for the college which doubles as the YSA church building, where Elder Adamson and I share less active members we have been trying to see, and fellowshipping, and the LDS club which will hopefully start up soon at the college, and lots of stuff! Church starts at 11, and it is a ward of like 50 or so people. All YSA! The boundaries for the ward go from like one end of Napa to the end of Fairfield, which I think is like an hour or more of a drive. It is very big! We only cover the fairfield area, which is still big compared to normal areas since we cover the stake YSA ward. Bishop McCaan is his name: he is a super good bishop! He really loves the members and wants to help them any way he can, he just forgets about the missionary work sometimes... Haha! He is very busy with the active members, but he is trying to help us out more, which I really appreciate. Every fast sunday our ward does a "break the fast" where everyone brings food, so yesterday, I ate a lot of food after church! So good! I love food! Too bad I am a bad cook! After church we will go and do more finding - that's our normal "missionary work," sunday's after church we do the same things that you would do on a weekday, it is just normally more effective because people are home! It hasn't really cooled down very much - it's like, high 90's right now. The fires are gone, I think, though I don't really have a lot of access to news to find out! I try and practice my portuguese whenever I can, but it's definitely not the same as being immersed in it. Which isn't the point, so it's all good! 

Actually, on that point - I was talking to Nikki Petersen (the member who sends mom pictures and stuff) and she said that her son Travis, who went to Brazil and who I have been doing language study with, was reassigned as well, and after a few weeks of not knowing what was going on they called the number on that email I got when I got my reassignment from church headquarters, and found out his visa had been sitting on someone's desk who was on vacation for 4 weeks. I'm not saying that that is my case, but she said you can call and just ask about it. If you want, you could talk to her over the phone or text, but the point is, I have actually been kind of worried about it. I didn't expect to be out here for this long, and I haven't heard a word about it! So if you want to call or something, you can! Anyways, for the strengthening families jig you're doing, I would say that the biggest, most important thing, is a family centered around the gospel! I have read so many talks and scriptures lately about how many blessings a family receives when they pray, study the scriptures, keep the sabbath day holy, hold FHE, etc. TOGETHER. Kids who grow up studying with their parents and seeing their examples in living the commandments are influenced for their whole lives. The reason that our church has such a reputation for family strength is because our families are blessed when they are living the gospel as a family unit. I hope that makes sense! I don't know a lot, but I have definitely seen how important this is. Okay! I hope that helped! Love ya, Dad!

Mom: Hi! question: can you send garments in the mail? If yes, then I would LOVE some more. Dri Lux, medium-ish. I don't know if you were planning on sending anything, but that would be sweet. Like, however many pairs you want. Alright! Thanks so much for that quote on Friday! I loved it so much! To answer a couple more questions you asked last week: My shopping trips have been... interesting! Haha! I would LOVE some help knowing some things to get. I go in and buy like, eggs and peanut butter and bread, and then I'm like "well, uh, that's good, I guess." Haha! So funny. So yeah! Meals, or lists, or whatever! My language studies have been going alright: I don't get a lot of time to study it feels like because we always have things scheduled in the morning, so I just try to study whenever I can! I unfortunately haven't been taking a lot of pictures... I don't know what pictures to take! What do you want to see? I just don't know what to take pictures of! President Wright is like the happiest man that has ever lived. He's so funny! He's like Santa of the gospel! He loves us very very much, and his wife is like an angel too, and they are just so nice! SO blessed to have them. I had an interview with President Wright, and I could really tell that he wanted the best for me. I really appreciated it! So, Elder Adamson. Well, he golfs, and hunts, and plays lacrosse, likes honey, penguin ties and stance socks, and is... kind of lazy! Haha. It's been really interesting. I have to wake him up every morning for exercise, and he sleeps through studies sometimes, and wants to take lots of naps. We haven't like fought or anything, but he doesn't like to talk and sometimes it feels like he is annoyed that I want to do stuff, but I don't know what else to do, and it's all kind of complicated! Ahem. It's going well, though. I try to serve him however I can and pray that I can be a good companion to him. It's just strange sometimes! Don't worry about it, though! It's all going well! If you and dad want to call about my visa, I have just been worried about the whole thing lately. Thanks mom! Love ya! P.S. your haircut looks way good! 

Anna and Ethan: Anna, it looks like you've been having a lot of fun lately! All of your pictures look so fun! You look older already, and it has only been like 2 months! Ethan... what the heck is that yoda picture...?

okay well I'll be on for a little bit, so if I'm missing anything you want to hear about, tell me! Love you guys! 


Love, Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment