Monday, September 21, 2015

Santa Rosa Week #2 - Family

Dear family,
Hello! How are ya'll? I'm so jealous that you got to peach days and the zoo and get star wars shirts! That all sounds so fun! I'm gonna answer a bunch of questions that dad asked me real quick. :)

So my companion is Elder Adamson; he is from Orem, and he is a big hunter, but with bow and arrow, not guns! He's way good! He also likes golf, sunflower seeds, and stance socks (Anna can explain the socks, hopefully)!
I have an Ipad, which is so nice! We can only get on church stuff like gospel library and lds tools, but it's super helpful to have all of the materials I need in one place! I really enjoy it! I can just turn from one scripture to another and all kinds of lessons and missionary stuff; it's very helpful!
Fairfield is SO HOT. If you look at the picture I'm gonna send, it is of our car dashboard showing 132 DEGREE WEATHER. WHAT? It's SOO HOT! Haha we were talking to this less active Mark, and when he answered the door, instead of letting us in his air conditioned house, he came outside for us to die in the sun for twenty minutes. I have never been sweatier than right then. I wanted to die. It's also dry because of the drought; Middleton, a town close by, caught on fire yesterday! Like, the whole town! It's so crazy! All of these houses and shops burned down because of how dry it is! It's so sad!
Like I said in the big email, I have taught a total of ONE lesson! Whoo hoo! I REALLY enjoyed it though; I hope that I can teach more lessons soon, because it was seriously so cool! I felt the spirit so strong with Sasha!
Luckily, we drive, so we don't have to burn all day. We cover like 5 cities because the YSA covers a whole stake, which out here in Cali, is very big! So we drive a lot! 
When I went tracting with Elder Achal, people would slam doors in our faces or not answer after looking out the window, where we could totally see them. Haha! People are so funny. But it doesn't bug me at all! We just go to the next house and try again! Most people are, like, stand offish, but it's all good! I enjoy serving. :) 
Our apartment has 4 elders; my companionship and one other companionship, Elders Christensen and Hawkins. We have the nicest apartment in the whole mission! We all sleep in this big room (they stuck me on the only top bunk, they all got beds on the ground.), and we have a big living room and a little kitchen and two bathrooms! We are very lucky! Of course, just down the street is like the most dangerous park in the mission too - very sketchy and a lot of cops every night. Good thing it's not part of my area! Haha!
Did I not send my address already? It's 2100 West Texas street number 142, Fairfield CA, 94533.
We like don't ever get fed because of YSA, so I eat a lot of quesadillas. :) actually, we bum off of other elders for dinner appointments, so a lot of members get 4 or 6 missionaries to feed sometimes! Haha!
No word on the VISA yet, but it's all good. It will get here sometime. :)

Mom: Thanks for telling me about church and everything! And dad too! I love hearing how people are doing and hearing what you guys learn to teach me! It's so awesome!

Ethan: congrats on being called as 1st councilor! That's such an awesome opportunity to serve your friends! Tell me about how it's going and how school is going too! I haven't heard too much!

Anna: Haha your letter is so funny! Cute boys; psh. Wait till you're sixteen. ;) Cool opportunity to play the piano! Have you been practicing? And tell me the name of that amazing violinist girl! And good job studying so much! I totally agree. It's a huge blessing for us to do, but people just don't understand that! 

Amanda: Tell me about your baby! How is she???

Okay, well, I love you guys so much! Have a good week! Thanks for writing me! Love ya!

Love, Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment