Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Week 11 -- General Conference, Baby!

Dear Everyone,
Holy cow!!! General Conference was SO AMAZING!!! I loved every minute of it! Super super powerful! But I'll talk about that in a bit. 

We had some really neat opportunities to teach a few members lessons about Sabbath day observance, based off of President Nelsons talk from last conference. We taught this lady Sister Brown who is paralyzed from the neck down and her roommate who has been through like three marriages and lived in countries like afghan and crazy places, and it was really cool to see how the gospel and it's principles (in this case sabbath day observance) apply and can bless every person, no matter what their conditions are! We all go through such different trials, and I am SO grateful that the Savior knows us so well that he can bless us with what we need in the moment that we need it. I love our Savior!

It rained! Hallelujah! It's been over 100 degrees for like the whole time here in California and I am so happy that it rained! I was on exchanges with an Elder Schaefer and we were knocking doors for a while all in the rain. Very nice. I felt bad for the homeless people - oh yeah, here in Fairfield, there are a ton of homeless people. They all have shopping carts that are just LOADED with all of their stuff, like, 7 feet high, not even kidding. Again, it has been really interesting to see different walks of life here, and I am so grateful to be a member of God's church. We are truly blessed with the knowledge that we have and the blessings that we receive - I really hope that you all know that! 

Alright. So conference was amazing. Unfortunately I can't write it all here, but I really liked Elder Nelsons talk about mothers and women in the church - I just felt like it was very inspired and powerful, and President Eyerings talk on the Holy Ghost, and there seemed to be a big emphasis on faith and the other basic principles of the gospel and I really loved it! I also really loved Elder Bednars talk on our church leaders. The spirit of his talk really strengthened my testimony about our prophets and apostles and it was soo powerful! 

Well, it has been an awesome week with conference, although I don't have anything super exciting to share. But I'm loving it out here! I'm so thankful for my opportunity to serve God's children and help them feel the love of our Savior! I hope you all have a good week! Bye!


-Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment