Thursday, December 10, 2015

Week #20ish - Surprise Transfer!!

So somehow we lost a week in the counting with Elder Valentine. Guess we'll reset and call this week #20.

We received this very surprising news from Elder Valentine. He's been transferred! Read on!

Ola todas as pessoas!
Como foi a Dia das Graças? Nos aqui em portugal não temos isso feriado! But we still had lots of fun! 

So first off, I got surprise transferred (not emergency transferred, I'm not a bad person) to a big city called Coimbra, and my new companion is Elder Crist! (Not Christ, it makes the "i" sound like "brisk") I was supposed to be with Elders McGhie and Johnson, but the president sent me here! So everything is new and different! Story of my mission! I still haven't been in one place for more than a transfer or had the same companion, but tudo bem! It's been an adventure! Elder Crist is kind of goofy... haha he has a recorder (the kind you played in kindergarten music class) that he brings everywhere and plays hymns. Haha oh boy. This transfer is gonna be fun! 

So for Thanksgiving (or "aquela dia chama 'a Dia das Graças'"que ninguem sabe sobre America) We did regular missionary stuff until 7, when we had an american party for our ward members. I totally made two apple pies and they were, like, good! I was so surprised! It was the first time that I have ever baked anything ever, so I was pretty stoked. We had american stuffing and mashed potatoes and a chicken that was not so american and it was a lot of fun! On the not so fun side, we ate at this members house who has a cockroach problem... hahaha... there were cockroaches on the walls, on the table, in the food... no big deal. I didn't throw up, so that's a bonus! 

We found these two brazilian soccer players Ilo and Rodrigo, who are super cool, and are totally going to be baptized. And we have this funny black guy Denilson who calls himself American because apparently he was born in California and lived there for a long time but can't speak English. Haha but his baptism is marked for the 12th so we are super excited! 

Alright, sorry this email is all over the place, but I'm really enjoying it here! For my spiritual thought, I want to give thanks to God for a few things. I am SO thankful to be on my mission. There have been a couple rough days, but 98% of the time I have loved it 100%, and I have been so blessed from this opportunity. I have grown a love for the scriptures that I didn't know I could have! Seriously, if I were to just finish my mission right now, I would go read the scriptures probably all day. An hour of personal time isn't enough! I am so grateful for God's word to His children through these sacred writings! I also am so grateful for my family! I love them so so so so much. My dad sends my pictures every week of nieces and nephews and parties and it makes me home sick but I love it! I could not have asked for a more supportive and loving family. Mostly, I am grateful for the knowledge I have that I am a member of God's church, and I know he loves me. It has been a huge blessing for me to know that! I love this work and I love my Heavenly Father. I couldn't ask to be anywhere or be doing anything better!

Okay! I'll talk to you all next week! Be happy! Read the scriptures! Let Heavenly Father know that you love Him! Peace out!


-Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment