Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Week #21 (ish) to Family

Hey family! 

Haha yeah so last week Elder Crist definitely spent the whole day buying a suit. Not my favorite way to spend P day for sure. 

But It's all good!

Dad - I want you to use your author skills and tell me EVERYTHING. Make it super super good. I need it. Holy stinking cow! You stud! You have like the craziest job ever! I pray for you every night, so I really hope you are feeling lots of missionary blessings! It doesn't snow anywhere besides the mountains here, in which place I am not, so just a LOT of rain! Lots and lots! And then some more! It is very wet right now. But I have a nice jacket. and an umbrella. that's all you need! And the University of Coimbra - yeah! I totally am like really close to it! Everyone who goes there is dressed like the people in Harry Potter - big cloaks and funny lookin. We see them walking around pretty often!  I heard that is where J K Rowling got her inspiration for Harry Potter! She wrote her ideas on a napkin, which totally makes sense because portuguese napkins are basically wax paper and do nothing for your hands, but are good for writing! 

Mom - dang your decorations are the bomb! Everything looks super big and happy and Christmassy - we have a plastic wall picture of a christmas tree. I like it! Hey! Congrats on the new phone! Haha that's awesome! For emails, we pay £3 at a little internet place on a big road of shops with harry potter clothes. I know that sounds funny but it's real. Elder Crist has a recorder (the kind you get for elementary kids) and he plays "If you could Hie to Kolob" a lot. He likes to read and he's really good at portuguese! Our area is HUGE but we only work in a tiny little corner of it because we don't have a car. We don't have a lot of people we are working with but we are trying to find news! I love ya mom! 

Amanda - Hey! that's super cool about your suit! That sounds super sweet!

Kimber - hey that is so cool! I'm so glad that you guys got your prayer answered! I prayed a lot for you guys too and that's just so so good! Sorry about the hair - I don't think prayers will help with that but I'll do what I can. :) 

Anna - Haha glad to know that girls are still talking about me even when I'm in a different country for 5 months! You're welcome for the advice - prayer and lots of study and then more prayer. God really likes it when we pray! I totally know that now. I've needed a lot of His help and I have found that prayer is the best way! On P days, we can do whatever we want - a few p days ago we went and visited a gorgeous river and most p days I go stand in a store while the other elders try on clothes. What the heck. I thought I was serving with men. Bonus sightseeing opportunity - on Saturday me and my comp went to a place called Lousã where it is super green and hilly, and I totes saw a goat! I'm sorry about the clique-y people - I always pray for ya, so just have faith that it will all turn out! The Lord loves you!

Ethan - we named the goat Gerold. He is bearded. I will send a picture next week hopefully. 

Sorry for some of the short ones but I gotta go! Don't read the letter I sent until christmas before we talk! Oh about that! Um, I don't know how it is gonna work out yet, but next week for sure I will know. Just tell me what account or whatever for face time and I'll get it worked out. We have a super cool sister who will help us out so I'll be able to do it for sure! Love ya family!


Love, Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment