Monday, December 28, 2015

Week Who Cares Anymore -- Christmas!

Loved that email title from Elder Valentine. Here's his group Christmas email:

Hello my people! 

How was your Christmas? Was it just fantastic? It better have been! How blessed are we to have the gospel, especially around Christmas? What a great time to think about the Savior! I don't remember at all what I wrote last week, so I hope I don't repeat myself.

Christmas was bomb! We went caroling to lots of people and ate SO MUCH FOOD and I'm going to get fat. :( but! While caroling we were invited into a nice home of 7 old people and we talked about life, and it made me realize just how nice it is to have knowledge about the plan of salvation, because it gives us purpose here. Coincidentally, my family sent me a Portuguese plan of salvation puzzle, so I have been thinking about it a lot lately! I love how much sense it makes. I love that the Savior loves us! He makes our purpose here on earth have a happy ending with our Heavenly Father and our families. And Christmas is just so perfect to remember it all! So I hope you all thought about the Savior this Christmas! 

We are currently in a rut as missionaries with people dropping us for lessons. That would be an avid explanation of my week, besides caroling for Christmas. But all is well! I met an English man and tried to talk to him in English, but alas! I have forgotten how to English to people! I kept switching to Portuguese and I'm sure he was very confused. But I'm sure the spirit talked to him, since I couldn't. It was really funny and super embarrassing, but that's mission life, right?

With the new year coming up, I would like to suggest a goal for you all to think about and write down - How will I come closer to Christ this year? Think of some specific things you can improve on, like being more charitable or reading your Book of Mormon everyday or anything specific, and then pray for the Lord's strength to accomplish that goal. Because I know that through prayer, God can make us the us we never thought possible. I love my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ, and I know they answer my prayers, and will answer yours as well. Happy New Year to you all! 

Abraço, 

Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment