Wednesday, July 6, 2016

God Bless America - July 4 Group

Dearest people who read my letters every seven days,

HAPPY JULY 4TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted to put on a bunch of patriotic emoticons but my computer doesn't have the capability. :(

(Insert emoticons of fireworks balloons, hot dogs, Merica, etc.)

So here in Portugal, it seems like they have a holiday about every other week. I guess it's just a party people! This last week was the Festa de São João (Saint John Party) And they eat grilled sardines to celebrate. #random. So I ate a grilled sardine. It is like a 0.6 on a scale of 1-American 4th of July food, but I'm not complaining. :) At least I ate it! Other missionaries didn't even try, and I feel like you need to try everything you can that is special to the place you serve for good memories and once in a lifetime experiences, even if they aren't enjoyable. :)

Ricardo is progressing well, but he is going to be out of town this whole next week, so we'll see what happens with his baptism! 

Elder Karthigeyan is very tired always #GREENIE But he is doing very well with the language, and ti is just so fun to be with a guy from india! The whole world is like "Wow you're from india?!" and then they try to say his name - "Elder Kha... ker... Karthuh... kerfde.... Kartshi...." and then they give up. Good times!

This is not a very meaty letter, for which I apologize, but the work is going really well here. I am loving Gaia! And the mission! I read Alma 5 this week, which is an amazing chapter all around, but there is a verse that really stuck out this time - 

 26 "And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?"

Dear friends and family, I have the opportunity to see and feel the happiness that the gospel brings in the lives of dozens of people, and I can tell you, I feel this goodness daily! And that's the goal - to have the gospel be a part of life, and to see the blessings and feel that "change of heart" always. President Uchtdorf has a super good talk I think called "It Works!" which talks about this, but IN ESSENCE I invite you all to look at your testimony, and how the gospel has been a joy for you in the past, and ask yourself "Can I feel so now?" God will help you find the peace and happiness that comes from living the gospel. I know that is true because I know that God is real, and that He loves you! 

Have the best week of your lives!

EMOTICONS STARTED WORKING

🌭🌭🌭🍔🍟🍻(obviously cream soda) 🗽🗽🎉🎉🎊🎊󾓦󾓦󾓦󾓦󾓦󾓦󾓦󾓦󾓦󾓦󾓦󾓦󾓦󾓦󾓦󾓦󾓦󾓦󾓦🎆🎆🎆

so that's 🆒


- Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment