Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Lemons, lying, and the sky is crying - May 30

Dear Everyone,

Lemons - Last P-day, Elder Kiki and I decided that we wanted to make brownies. And then we decided that we wanted to make lemon bars. And then we decided that we wanted to make chocolate salami (basically it's chocolate powder with sugar, graham crackers, and an egg, and something else unhealthy), so we spent our p-day baking, and our week, eating. If anyone wanted to know what my favorite dessert is, it's lemon bars. Holy moly. So good. We made more today and we are way happy.

Lying - we found this super elect man named João Paulo getting off of a public bus this week. He was never baptized in a church because he wanted to wait until he found the true one! Like, how sweet is that? So we taught him the Restoration, and he said he´ll get baptized when he feels ready, so we smoothly taught him about the Book of Mormon, and he will study it, and he will be baptized. :) Unfortunately he might not live in our area. :( As he was leaving he said he lived in a place called Espinho which is really far away from our chapel. About a half hour after he left, he called telling us that he lied about where he lived; he actually lives in Canelas, still far away, but he said he was scared to tell us the truth and tried to justify lying, but then he felt bad, prayed to God for forgiveness, and then called us for forgiveness too! Elect! If we can get him to church, he will be baptized. He just lives like a half hour away, but God always prepares a way for His children when they have the desire to do what is right!

Crying Skies - it has not stopped raining here! I can see the ocean from my house, so that might have something to do with it, but for real. It's like almost June. Us missionaries want to get farmers tans! 

Well, those are the most excited parts of our week! We were also threatened by a drunk guy, in the rain, which was pretty exciting! I had a beer-breath taste in my mouth for the whole rest of the day because he was up in my face, which was not exciting. I will never drink beer. It tastes nasty, but maybe that's just because it was a "second hand" taste. Gross!

This week, I have been studying the parables and works of Jesus Christ in the last few weeks of His life. I don't have anything in specific to talk about, besides the deepening knowledge that I have for the Savior´s love for us! He LOVED His disciples. It is evident in every lesson and every righteous chastisement that He gives. Everything He did was to teach how to be better, more loving, more blessed! And the love He had for His apostles is no less than He has for each one of us. In John 15 He calls the apostles His friends, not His servants. Servants are not known by their Master; they work without true love, only for pay. But friends, who serve willingly, are known perfectly by their greatest Friend, and serve because they love He whom they serve. As we go day to day as Latter-day Saints, are we serving (callings, neighbors, at work, etc.) because we feel obliged, or because, with the knowledge of our Saviors love, we want to give that special connection to Him with everyone we meet? I love my Savior. I am serving because I love Him! Sure I and my family are blessed, but more importantly, I can give back just a little bit of the love the Savior has for me. I hope this week you all can serve because you love Christ! 

Love ya'll! Have a good week!


- Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment