Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Transfers and Elder Bednar - May 16 Group

Dear Everyone,

This week we had transfers, and I have a new companion! Again! This will be my eighth companion on the mission! His name is Elder Kiki. He came in with Elder Barrett, and is also from Washington. He is a funny kid - I can say kid because he is my first companion that is younger than me! June 29th - only 7 days younger than me, haha! But he's a great Elder, and we are going to work hard together here in Gaia 1B! I forgot my camera today, so I will send pictures next week. :) Sorry. :)

Also, this week, Elder Bednar is coming to Portugal to talk to the members and have a training with the missionaries!!!!!!! WOOOOH!!!!!! I love Elder Bednar!!! He is coming this Thursday. I am WAY excited. I'll have lots of good stuff for next week.

Other than that, José was confirmed this sunday by Irmão Neves, his friend who has helped him be baptized. It was great! I love seeing people get baptized and be happy in the church. Yay missionary work!

This week, I just wanted to share a thought I had the last couple of days. In preparation for Elder Bednar, we were given 4 talks of his to read and study. They are "Seek Learning by Faith," "Ask in Faith," "Converted unto the Lord,"  and "Always retain a remission of your sins." They are amazing talks, and helped me understand my role in receiving blessings from the Lord. We can ask and pray and hope for all the things we want, but we only really recieve the blessings when we ACT on our desires, like Joseph Smith did when he prayed to God - his intent was not only to know which church was true, but which church to join! He intended to ACT on his knowledge. I love the gospel. God makes so much sense! I love that everything about the gospel fits so well with becoming more like a perfect Father, who really wants the best for His children, so He gives us chances to grow by our own actions and dedication to Him. That's a pretty unorganized thought but I hope you felt the Spirit. :)

I love the gospel! And being a missionary! Have a good week everyone!


- Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment