Wednesday, July 6, 2016

May 23rd Family Email

Dear Family,

I like writing letters like this sometimes! I think it lets everyone see more of the things that I say in response to letters. Elder Bednar was seriously so awesome. It seemed like he had the perfect answer to every question, even if you didn't ask it! It was way cool! 

mom - I'm excited for you to be part of the Primary presidency! I know that you will do so amazing! I'll make sure to pray lots for you. Dad said that your concert was really good! What did you sing? That's way cool that you guys ran the half marathon! I miss standing on the sidelines to cheer you to the finish line! But hey cool story - McKayla Moser's dad ran in the same race, so she was there at the finish line and she cheered for you when you ran through! Plus you beat her dad. So that's cool. I can't believe cooper has already graduated! Or will this next week, anyway. Time flies so so fast! And all of the cousins with babies - the world will be a different place when I get home! I loved that quote from Elder Perry about peaceable missionaries. We had a pretty interesting contact with an atheist a couple days ago and he started arguing about lots of stuff with us and saying how we couldn't know that God was real, and for a minute I kind of got frustrated, but near the end I had a really peaceful feeling come over me, that I knew that God was there, and that I was there to build peoples faith, so we just finished with our testimonies and left. Nothing really happened to the guy but I felt really good that we didn't leave him with a bad impression by fighting. Thanks for sharing that quote! Love you mom!

Dad - I really like the story you use of Peter at the beginning of your talk and the application - I have a talk from President Uchtdorf where he talks about how Peter needed to be completely converted, just like you did! And you talked about conversion, more than just a testimony, which was a topic that Elder Bednar talked about too! Dad! You're like basically teaching the same thing as the apostles! Haha I really liked your talk,  I hope it went really well. Question - when you have so many meetings and work responsibilities and everything to do like you talked about, what would you say is the main way you manage it all? I'm curious because you have lots to do and you get it all done, and I want to know how! Also make sure to send me some notes about Elder Renlund! Love you!

Kimber and Kevin - so, uh, hows life? How are the kids? And work? And home? And your ward? I forget sometimes that you guys don't go to our ward anymore! How are things back at the old house? Is the house finished yet? Kevin - how is your portuguese coming? You sounded a lot better the second time I talked to you! Love you guys! Hi Lincoln!

Amanda - Elder Bednar is like average height, and exactly what I expected - super powerful and spiritual and intelligent and inspired! I LOVED the whole thing! He gave us some talks to read before hand and had us talk about what we learned, and I was called on to talk, so I stood up and talked to him about some things I learned and he asked me some questions, so yeah! I totally talked to him! Way cool! Way to go on the race! I think it is awesome that you guys are so fit to be able to do that. Maybe I'll try after the mission - I have been running a lot in the mornings for exercises and I realized that it's not complete torture to run! Just mostly. ;) I am way excited to see ryliegh. She sounds super fun and cute and I just can't wait! 

Anna - CONGRATULATIONS! You made Productions! I know that you wanted to make it SUPER bad and I am so so happy for you! You talented sister you! I also think it's awesome that you got a good part in the musical, and ESPECIALLY that the vocal coach lady talked to you about lessons. That is so sweet! There is a lot of jealousy coming through the computer screen at you right now. And it's awesome that you got to see Elder Renlund! Don't you just love the apostles? It is the greatest thing ever to get to be so close to them and feel the spirit they bring. Have a good week my Junior sister! Portuguese tongue twister "a aranha arranha a rã, a rã arranha a aranha." It means "the spider scratches the frog, the frog scratches the spider." It is super hard to say fast, because all of the "r's" at the biginning of a word or double r's are a hard "h" sound, and the other ones aren't, so it gets confusing. Ask Kevin to try it fast. Elder Kiki is WAY funny. Not anything in specific, but he's just super goofy and a lot of fun. We have a good time together! Unfortunately the longest I have ever had a companion was only 2 transfers with Elder Barrett, so I don't feel like I spend enough time with anyone to really miss them! Except Elder LeBaron - he was such a stud missionary. Love you anna!

Ethan - I am smelled like grass this week twice. Love you man! Tell me something exciting this week!

That's about it! Love you family! Peaceth thee all out!


Love, Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment