Monday, January 9, 2017

Feliz Ano Novo!

My people!

Apologies for any Spanish speakers who are offended by that title. It makes sense in Portuguese.

Happy New Year! Holy Camoly! It's 2017! Time to make some resolutions! I wish a very successful year of resolution completing (unless you have already dropped out on yours, in which case, shame on you, you uncommitted weenie).

A quick funny story that wasn't funny for me - on Wednesday our Cape Verdian travel agent called me at 10:30 PM to tell me that the next morning, at 7 AM, two missionaries going to the Spain MTC were showing up at the airport and that I needed to go pick them up. Jolly good. So we got up at 5 AM to get to the airport by subway since we don't have a car, and when we got to the airport I couldn't find the flight number, so I called said agent and he said "oh, sorry, they are arriving in Lisbon, I thought you were the Lisbon Elders." What a blessing. So I quickly called the Lisbon Elders and they told me that said agent had already called them last night, and that someone had forgotten to tell us!

I want to share a new years thought that I stole from a new mormon message (privilege of sitting in front of a computer 7 hours a day!) about new years. 

Scripture: "Remember Lot's wife," followed by "look not behind thee." Christ specifically told us to remember Lot's wife; why? Look not behind thee - we are at the start of a new year! It's a new beginning! You have a new chance to make a difference, or BE a difference! And you don't need to look back at all of your faults and unaccomplished dreams - make this new year the year you DO. But more importantly, because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ, EVERY day is a new start for you! Wake up tomorrow and be better. Wake up tomorrow and be changed by Christ. And then do it again every day for the rest of your life - you are constantly starting new days and new weeks and new years, if you think about it, and today is the first day of the rest of your life - so make the first day the best day, every day. Go be different tomorrow! In fact, go be different NOW. Because Christ made it possible.

Happy changes!
- Elder Valentine!  

No comments:

Post a Comment