Monday, January 9, 2017

Happy 18 Months on Your Mission (Spencer and Mom) Jan 9 2017

Hi mom!

It was a good week! We didn't get to talk to Carlos and his famiy this week, unfortunately. They were busy and couldn't talk, but we've been in contact with them. We'll see if we can teach them this week, because I won't even be in my area because an elder fractured his skull and is staying at the mission home, and Elder Judd is going to go "replace" him for this week until the other elder is better, and I'll be in a tripanionship with Elder Yoder and Elder Wait until the next transfer, which is next week! Woah! Also Elder Yoder is going home next week. It's insane because when I started serving with him, he was at the point of his mission where I am! Blah! How scary is that? Do you remember me getting into the office? Yeah, that's how much time I have left! AH! But we've been talking to ANOTHER family, Paula, Tiago, and Carlos, who are the sister (and her nephew and son) of an awesome member in the ward. We're really excited about that too! We taught them the first lesson and after she told us that Carlos, who is 16, liked us a lot better than other missionaries who had taught them, and that he was excited to talk to us more, and she is super nice and Tiago was the same way as Carlos, so that's been good! And we shared a powerful message on faith to the Bishop (Bispo Carvalho) and his family, and he is really excited to work with us. 

That's so cool that Adam has transcribed Grandpa Bob's journals! I remember Grandpa Bob a little bit. It's been a long time! It really shows how the spirit of Elijah is turning "the hearts of the children to their fathers, and the fathers to their children." I love that!

I have currently written in my journal every day too! Yay us! Thanks for sharing your goals - I like them! I haven't made any goals for after the mission yet... I haven't really thought about it honestly!

Wow. Anna's hair is insane. Good job! It's super gorgeous! Man, I wish I could see this play. But I'll have fun seeing next year's! 

This week I tried to make a Chicken Tetrazinni thing but then I found out that our darn apartment doesn't have any cooking supplies. It doesn't have a single oven-proof dish! How the heck am I supposed to use an oven with nothing to put in it? Haha so it was more just like a chicken pasta thing, kind of like alfredo. We've eaten some leftover ham and rice and salad from New Year's meals, and some tuna stuff haha we haven't really had time for a lot! 

Spiritual experience - we went out on Saturday night to work, and things weren't really working out and we were deciding where we wanted to go, and I remembered an old investigator (his name is VirgĂ­lio, I think I have mentioned him before) from a while ago that we hadn't passed by recently, so we went and knocked on his door, and he finally opened and let us in, and told us that his younger sister had just passed away and how it was only the last of a lot of deaths in his family - his parents, his son, his sister - and we were able to testify to him of the truthfulness of the plan of salvation and how it could bless not only him, with the knowledge and peace it brings, but also for his family. It was awesome because I just had the idea to go there, we didn't have it planned, but it was just the right moment to go and talk to him. 

I will need a new black belt really soon! Haha the one I'm using is on its last legs. It's basically hanging off of a tiny piece of leather. It'll probably break in the next few weeks. Also I don't know if we could still do that scripture cover thing, or if it's too expensive (like €50) but yeah. :)

The weather is super good! Like, 50´s today! In winter! Insane! No rain!

Elder Judd is leaving me for a week to go work with one of the AP's because the other (Elder Gabbitas, who came in with me to the MTC) literally broke is head. He fractured his skull from a morning run and getting clotheslined by an iron bar and falling and hitting his head! So I'm in a tripla with Elder Yoder and Elder Wait until the next transfer starts next week.

I meet all the new missionaries being in the office because we do a training thing when they get here, so I know Elder Luiten and Elder Bates (though they might not remember me because it was their first couple days which are just the worst haha) but Sister Maingot I know really well! 

When you don't clean, or work, or do cakes, or do choir and sing/play the piano, do you like to do anything? :)

Okay! I'm gonna write a couple more people, but thanks mom! I love you lots!

Love, Elder Valentine!





No comments:

Post a Comment