Monday, April 3, 2017

Elder V and Dad - February 28 "Greetings from Vermont"

Hey Dad!

What are you doing in Vermont? Did you tell me that already? Haha sometimes since I only get to really think about stuff on p-day, I forget what you've already told me. Sorry!

As I already said, I think it's so awesome that Ethan got to participate more than he was originally doing. I know he was a little bummed and he sounded so excited!

I read your conversation with Elder Tate. I love the leaders of the church! The greatest leaders are truly the most humble and loving, and that's how it seemed with Elder Tate.Haha sometimes I have to call the Missionary Department in Salt Lake for different mission things, and I LOVE talking to the receptionists, because they are so friendly! It's so funny how different a person can be when they are focusing their lives on Christ. It is a true blessing and it makes me want to be that type of person always!

Also, if he already sent you the talk he wrote about (the one he gave to his missionaries), you should send it to me! 

About faith, and acting: it is so evident how this principle works with investigators and missionary work in general. It makes so much more sense for God to show His hand AFTER a trial or a step of faith, because if He did it before, we wouldn't learn anything, and learning is one of the reasons we are here on Earth! So if God just took care of all of our decisions and problems, we would never gain the experience that we need to be perfected. I love it when the gospel makes sense like that!

About the quote: I see that so much, even for myself with people that I talk to. I will bear my testimony, but it will have no effect on someone who just won't listen! The Spirit can teach pure truth through me, but people just don't accept it. It's like when Christ would go to Nazareth and the people threw him out and tried to kill Him; I mean, no one can have more effect on people than Christ, but even when He would teach pure doctrine, people turned it away. Like He explains, that's why He taught in parables, so that people wouldn't be held accountable for the things they would not understand. I want to work to have the Spirit testify to me of the truths we learn from modern day Prophets and Apostles, and to be enlightened throughout my life! Haha I always have these big goals but they are really things that I think about. 

Okay well! I'm still here haha! It's been a while. The mission's funny that way. 9 months isn't a long time normally but on the mission it's like eternity in one area, but looking back it's flown by! Like, tomorrow is March! That's crazy! Anyway, I love you dad! Peace out!

Love, Elder Valentine!


No comments:

Post a Comment