Monday, April 3, 2017

March! (Elder V and Parents V - March 7 2017)

Hi mom!

I'm so excited to see the play! Is it still going on? How many shows does she have left?

I didn't know Ethan was doing Choir - is he still doing cross country? did that stop?

How is the ward doing back home? How many new people are there, roughly?

Do you have that talk that you wanted to send me? :)

Life is going pretty swell here. I don't really know how to describe how it is to be in one place for so long on the mission, haha! It's so different than from back home, especially since you're always with your comp! It's cool to see the progress of people in the ward like recent converts, investigators, etc. You know what's funny? I have been to every Porto Stake conference since I came to the mission, because I was in the Porto 2 ward when I started with Elder LeBaron (who finally got engaged, did I tell you that? And Elder Crist, my comp from Coimbra, is already married!), then I went to Coimbra but came back to the Porto area in time for the 2nd stake conference, then the third one happened close to General conference in october, and if I stay in the Porto zone until May, I will have been to four! All four stake conferences! Haha that made me laugh when I thought about it. I would have like to have gone to an area far away, in a little branch, away from any big stuff, but it looks like that's not God's will for me, and I'm okay with it. 

I kind of made stew and biscuits! Haha the biscuits didn't turn out great because I forgot that the flour didn't have yeast (here, they have pre-yeasted flour. I have never seen just plain yeast to buy.) The meat was a little red too... but none of us are sick so it's okay haha! How long should the meat take? Because we were cooking it for FOREVER and it barely changed!

That picture with the cake boss is awesome! Celebrity! Also Anna told me she had a couple of accidents in the play and that she was super embarrassed, haha it probably wasn't even that bad. :) Do you know what Cameron Tebbs is doing? Is he on a mission? 

Today we visited some catacombs! Scary! And really eerie! Just a bunch of dungeon-looking walls that were lined with set-in coffins, and then in one room there was a little glass window that looked into a pit with a ton of REAL bones, where they would put people like peasants who didn't have money for a coffin. Crazy! 

Also, I read this cool little story this week and I wanted to share it with you: "There were four people name Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody, There was an important job to be done and Everybody was asked to do it. Everybody was sure Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that, because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought Anybody could have done it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done." Interesting, right?

Okey dokey love you mom! :)  

Love, Elder Valentine!

On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 6:15 AM, Linda Valentine <lindacmemail@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Elder ValentineSon,

Time is flying so fast right now! I can't believe it's March. You have 120 days left!

We have seen Anna's play four times so far. It is so good! Grandpa Folkman said it's one of the best high school plays he's ever seen and that's a big compliment coming from him! He said the only one that he's seen that is close was when Box Elder did Les Miserables a couple years ago. So it's pretty impressive! You get to see it on a DVD when you get home. 😊

Dad and I have been ushering most nights. It's fun and we get to see the show for free. The only night we can't see the show is tomorrow night, Tuesday, because Ethan has a choir concert. Did you know he's in choir at the Jr High?

I made a wedding cake for my friend Sheresa Tebbs- her daughter Ashley got married. Ashley went on a mission to Guatemala and has been back for about 6 months and now got married in the temple.😊

Sunday the primary presidency got released so I'm not the 1st counselor anymore. I get to go to Relief Society again. I missed it. The new presidency will be really good. 

I'm sure Dad has told/will tell you about death in the ward... the man I made the Lord of the Rings cake for passed away. It's seriously so sad. The funeral is on Wednesday so Dad has been trying to write a talk for it.  Pray for him!

That's about it for as far as what's going on with us this week! 

I heard a talk this week that I want to send you. I'll hopefully do it in the morning! Sorry this is so short!! I will watch for your email in the morning so I can write some more. Love you tons!!


Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment