Thursday, November 5, 2015

Portugal Week #3: Family Email

A bit shorter than usual . . . hopefully next week the FAMILY gets the long email! Still, always so awesome to hear from Elder Valentine!!

DANG IT! I`M SO SORRY. I FORGOT MY CAMERA. I´m an awful son. There´s just so much to think about here! :( next week for sure!! 

But hi family! I´m so happy for you guys to have Halloween! It was weird not having it this year for real - people don´t do that here!

okay! I don´t have very much time today, I´m sorry! It´s weird how the whole emailing thing is working out, I´m trying to figure out the best way to do it, I might just send the big one to you guys next week like mom suggested, but for now I´ll try and answer some questions quickly!

Dad - I ponderized Mosiah 3:19 this week! It is very direct and specific about putting off the natural man and I really love it! Thank you for sending me yours! I love hearing your spiritual studies and thoughts and stuff! Thank you guys for praying for our investigators. I really can feel the blessings for them that are sent through the power of prayer! Thank you! Also, thank you for always sending pictures! I love seeing everyone and Ryleigh especially! 

Mom - the investigators are doing well! They are all progressing so good! The crowded apartment is a struggle - I can´t remember if I already said it, but we got ANOTHER elder, so it´s seven, and one shower, and lots of food being eaten, and wow. It´s crazy! I am understanding more of the language each day! It is super super cool how much I am learning! I am SO FAR away from being even close to fluent, but I am learning more and understanding and it´s all super encouraging! They transfered a bunch of old missionaries (like elder lebaron) to this mission, so they have some experienced ones, but I heard that there is a huge gap between the old and the new of like no missionaries so our "generation" will have a lot of work on our plates when all the old missionaries leave!

Anna - wow! 104 days now! Thanks for telling me, I actually had no idea, haha! Time flies, huh? Landon comes home in 8 weeks! Crazy! Um, I definitely told both of my companions (LeBaron and Johnson) that you said hi, and LeBaron said to give you his email... I said no. Haha he´s 21. Gross. But it was a brincadeira! A joke! Still gross! We have a car! also, it is spelled Tchau, but it sounds the same and is the most common way to say goodbye. I really like it!

dang. I´m way sorry. I gotta go! I will definitely write to you guys first next week, because this really stinks how everything is working out. But tudo bem - I´ve got 20 months to figure it out! Bye family! I love you so much and I pray for you guys always! Love you!


Love, Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment