Thursday, November 19, 2015

Week #5 Group Message

Hey everyone!

Wow! I gave my first blessing in portuguese yesterday, and it was way awesome! I gave it to this little boy Gonçalo. His mom and dad split up a while ago, and now they have to have a court meeting to see where he will go, because apparently his mom doesn't have legal custody of him or something. It's all very complicated, but I gave a blessing to him for comfort and it was super cool! I definitely have a testimony of the Gift of Tongues, and that the spirit will guide our words when we are doing his work.

Mª DoCeu and her brother Rodolfo (it sounds like "Holdoulfoo," and I found out his name is Rudolph in english; haha!) are SO ELECT! We had a lesson on tithing this week and Maria said "Oh, I was wondering how I could give something back! Can I pay right now?" man. So good. Rodolfo is being baptized this week, but Maria has to wait because her boyfriend is from Brazil and they can't get married until they go to Brazil for the papers... so january. But they are so good! 

Portugal is just so funny. I would say that about 80% of the people are above the age of 60, and 100% of those people have bad knees, a total of 3 teeth in their mouth from smoking, and a mental illness. It's actually kind of sad sometimes to talk to people who are just out of it, but most of the time it's hilarious. The portuguese culture is very to the point; if you say "hello!" they say "speak." so you start talking about Jesus Christ and they say "Ah, leave me be, leave me be!" and run off at a grand speed of 2 miles an hour on their bad knees. Super funny. 

We came in contact with 2 or 3 jehovas witnesses and a couple baptist or christian people, and they all love to argue about the bible and how the bible is all we need and will never need anything else and wo unto you because you have more scripture. But let me tell you, I am SO grateful for the Book of Mormon. It solidifies and clarifies the teachings of the Bible, and adds to the testimony that Jesus is the Christ, our Savior and Redeemer. Through this book, I know that this church is true, that Joseph Smith was a prophet and we receive guidance from a loving Heavenly Father TODAY for our eternal happiness. If you haven't read your Book of Mormon for a while, READ IT! God will bless you so much when you do. You can gain a stronger testimony of everything our church believes just through this book. I love the Book of Mormon and am so glad to know that Heavenly Father guides us right now! 

Okay, that's all for this week, I'll talk to you later!


-Elder Valentine!


No comments:

Post a Comment