Thursday, November 19, 2015

Portugal Week #5 - Two Short Family Messages

Elder Valentine must be working hard, because his messages are getting shorter! He sent two short family messages this week:

Email #1:
Hey family! So I'm writing this a little early today, you'll all be asleep unfortunately. It's like, 3 in the morning or something for you guys!

Real quick, thanks farnsworths and grandpa and grandma folkman for writing me! I love to hear how everything is going for you guys! Grandma, I hope your hand gets better quick! I'll say lots of prayers for you! 

Mom, I think that one of the best presents that the elders here talk about is just a bunch of pictures from home! Like in a photo book or something. And I totally agree! I don't have a lot of other ideas besides that, but pictures are super nice. Always! I LOVE pictures, probably as much as you guys love mine. 

Okay so This was way short, but I'll be writing again around 5 today (or like 10 in the morning for you guys) so if you want to write me anything before I come back, I'd love it! I didn't hear much from the family this week, I hope everything is going well! I'll talk to you later!


Love, Elder Valentine!

Email #2:
Hi family! Dang! I don't have as much time as I thought, but I can answer a couple of questions! 

Mom - we have Rodolfo marked for the 22nd, and hopefully Anibal and Conceição, but they still need to get married, so we'll see how that goes!

Dad - The shirt rules are actually pretty chill. The whole words thing isn't a big deal, and people have pretty casual stuff to wear around!

Kevin - haha I actually don't have a tablet... but tudo bem! I had one in California but here we are sharing two computers between the three of us at a little church building today! Thanks for all of your advice with the book of mormon and pictures and everything! I will totally implement them into my missionary work!

Kimber - I'll pray for ya! Man! your kids are so big! (oh, kevin's kids too) The weather is pretty irregular, it gets hot one day and cold another. Like Utah!

Amanda - I'm so excited for 20 months from now to really see your baby! My portuguese is seriously getting better every day. I have a ways to go, but I feel like I'm progressing fast! I have eaten "bacalhau" which is cod fish - that's like the Portuguese staple. There are 10,000 ways to make it and it all tastes like cod fish. Mmmm..... I'm so excited to talk to you guys too! I can't wait to see everyone! 

Okay! Haha thanks for writing me, I didn't mean to sound like impatient or something, I just love you guys a lot and love hearing from you! I'll talk to you all next week! Bye!

Love, Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment