Monday, April 4, 2016

"Elder . . What's that Smell?" - Feb 22 Group Email

Dear everyone, 

whew! We almost died this week! Well, kind of almost. One of the elders in my house left the gas stove on all night and so I woke up with a headache to a really weird smell, and normally I make eggs in the morning and just about lit the stove when I realized that like the whole house was filled with gas. It was pretty exciting! I might have a few less braincells now, but it's all good. :)

Super amazing story of the week - this last Saturday, our zone of 24 missionaries had a big activity in our area to find new investigators and invite people to be baptized. If you haven't noticed, I haven't really written about a lot of investigators lately, because we haven't really had any! It's been hard for Elder Barrett and I have felt really lame about it. So our AP's, one of whom was one of my trainers so he knows me well, set up this activity for 2 hours on Saturday, and the zone helped us get 10 new investigators and 46 references, all just in our area!!! We are so incredibly grateful for the missionaries who helped us out. We now have a lot of work to do to contact and teach these people, and we are so so excited for this opportunity! I would just like to announce to you all that I love being a member of this church. In the Book of Mormon, the nephites and lamanites were at war with one another almost constantly, and the basic reason was a lack of charity and love. People would get caught up in their prosperity and riches and wealth, and forget about God and start to fight. There are countless accounts of that. On the other hand, the times of prosperity came when they were all one-  

 15 And it came to pass that there was no contention in the land, because of the love of God which did dwell in the hearts of the people.
 16 And there were no envyings, nor strifes, nor tumults, nor whoredoms, nor lyings, nor murders, nor any manner of lasciviousness; and surely there could not be a happierpeople among all the people who had been created by the hand of God.
 17 There were no robbers, nor murderers, neither were there Lamanites, nor any manner of -ites; but they were inone, the children of Christ, and heirs to the kingdom of God.
 18 And how blessed were they! For the Lord did bless them in all their doings; yea, even they were blessed and prospered until an hundred and ten years had passed away; and the first generation from Christ had passed away, and there was no contention in all the land. (4 Nephi 1:15-18)

And these times were the greatest times! I share this because this is the kind of love that I have felt this last week, and the love I have felt as a member of this church. I am so grateful for the loving people that make up the Lord's church, and it is because we are all one in Christ! I love this gospel so much and I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to share God's love with the people here. 

Hopefully next week I will have some exciting stories to share about all of these references, but until then, fiquem bem, não se esquecem do seu Salvador e tudo que Ele fez para si, e até a próxima semana! Amo vocês! Tchau! 


Com amor, Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment