Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Hump Day (July 18 2016)

Dear peeps,

I am hitting my year mark this week! HUMP DAY! I never really thought that it would actually come, and at the same time, I have no idea how it came so fast! I still feel like a new missionary sometimes, but then I remember that I've spent literally half of my mission so far training other missionaries, and that now I am on the downhill istead of up. I love the mission! I am so happy that I can look back at this year, and think that I have another year ahead to have great experiences!

Also, this week we baptized Ricardo! This was a really fast and crazy stressful baptism, but we got him in the water! Thankfully, his parents were a huge help as new, excited members, and it really helped lessons and preparations move along smoothly. I cannot emphasize enough just how important members are in missionary work! They basically make everything happen - finding investagtors, making investigators like church, keep commitments, have strong ties in the church, everything! Ricardo is a really big tough guy who had his heart touched by his step dads love for his mom and the progress they have made together in just a few months together, and wanted to have the same happiness that he saw in them. It's so cool! I LOVE MISSIONARY WORK! :) 

Today I read Alma 32 about faith, and I just love how Alma teaches it! Totally inspired by God. Right before this chapter, Corihor (Korihor? I read it in portuguese and it's Corior, so I don't know...) fights Alma about the existence of God, saying that you can't know if He exists. I have had more than one conversation like that on the mission! And then Alma teaches how faith is NOT a perfect knowledge, but a hope of things to come, and that if we nourish our faith, like a seed, we will see the fruits of that faith, but only AFTER we care for it and make it grow! Computers don't do justice to just how amazing that concept is. Sorry. Go read Alma 32 and have a good spiritual moment, will ya?

I love being a missionary! See you in A YEAR!!


- Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment