Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Reply to July 25 Dad Letter

Hi dad! Thanks for your letter this week! All of the stuff you did this week sounds like a lot of work, but also a lot of really cool experiences! I am SO jealous that you guys saw both Styx and the Kings Singers. We sang a bunch of songs of theirs in Excalibur and I really love their music! 

Things are going better this week with Elder Karthigeyan - companionship inventories are definitely inspired for the benefit of the missionaries! We still aren't able to work how I would like to, but we are doing what we can to work hard anyway. Next week is transfers - I have no idea if I will stay or go, since I have already spent 3 transfers here, each one with a different companion, and with this one for training! We'll see next week. Actually since it happens on Tuesday I will tell you in two weeks! 

I just read that scripture a few days ago! Thank you for sharing it. I hadn't thought about it too much, but I can imagine that the missionaries who found that "one" were so happy that he chose to change his ways and follow Christ! I am in Alma 41 in my Portuguese scripture studies right now, where Alma counsels Corianton and his other sons. I have been thinking a lot in my studies about the reasons that every part was put in the Book of Mormon by Mormon/Moroni. What was their motivation? What did they want the people who would read those words to understand? It has been really inspiring to look at it that way, because it helps me see the important lessons and examples that can happen in my life! Especially when Moroni will make a comment starting with "and thus we see -" at least, I think it's like that. In portuguese it's "e assim vemos" which means basically that. But it has been super super awesome. I love the scriptures!

We had a zone conference with the mission president this week, and every time I hear him give a training I am more grateful for the inspiration and dedication he has for the mission! He really works hard and helps his missionaries work their best. 

That's about all for this week. I am going to send a HUGE letter to you guys hopefully by next week, so you should get it in a couple weeks. 

Thanks dad! I love you!


Love, Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment