Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Letter to "Fear Dather"

Here's a nice message from Elder Valentine to his "Fear Dather"

Fear Dather,

 I heard about the week you guys had, and it sounds super busy! Which is good and stressful at the same time. Haha I think I have learned how to like being busy here on the mission! I hope that it is something I keep as a habit afterwards! Being busy is sometimes hard, but I think that those times are my favorites! You famous dad you! You'll have to tell me about what you talked about on the Indexing broadcast! Do you know a lot about family history work in europe, or even portugal specifically? I feel like it is so different here for the members and I want to share what I know, but I am not used to how it is here so I don't feel like I can do very much!

I just can't believe that missionaries would do things like that. I mean, I can see staying at home and being lazy for a day because they don't want to work, but that is just so... off the deep end! I can't imagine how it would be like to be sent home for ANY reason that was my fault. It must be a very trying experience. I am so happy to be facing the "right side," and I will always be happy that way!

It's crazy that Lansons mission is coming up so quick! The ward will have 5 or 6 missionaries out all at the same time for a bit! Right? I can't really remember but I think that should be right!

It feels like it was just a couple months ago that we had a priests activity to go to bear lake and wake board with Jordan Jaramillo, then get raspberry shakes and talk in Brother Crocketts big truck on the way home! I can't believe how fast time flies either! I mean, HUMP DAY! It's so crazy! I am so glad that I have a whole other year to have good experiences on the mission!

Hey so you're cool! I looked through some letters from the beginning of the mission and found your Fathers Blessing that you gave me the night before I left. I bawled like a baby! I took it out from it's hiding place and now it's with my patriarchal blessing so that I will remember to read it more often. It is very powerful and gave me a lot of faith and motivation last night! Thanks dad! I love you!


Love, Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment