Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Quick Notes Between Elder V and Daddy V (Aug 23)

heyyo, daddio! That's so awesome that there are so many missionaries going out of our ward. Jordan comes home in 30 days?? Haha when I read that my heart was pounding really fast because I realized again how quick the mission passes by. A thing that has been on my mind lately has been about that - I think about how I am using my time, and if it will be enough at the end of my two years. I mean, I really don't want to get to the end of my mission and look back and think about all of the missed opportunities that I had to serve the Lord to the fullest. That's like my biggest fear. I'm not saying that I think that's how it's going to be, but I just worry sometimes that my time isn't enough to do everything I could here. Does that make sense?

Like I always say, I love hearing the spiritual stuff you have. It strengthens my testimony every time I read! I had a really spiritual interview with President Amorim last thursday. Haha it was only my second in my whole mission because he is super busy and works super hard and has had a lot of stuff to deal with lately. Anyway, he talked to me about kind of what I just said; how I felt about my mission so far, and he talked to me about being more tolerant. It was kind of interesting to think about. I have really worked on being humble and learning from every opportunity, and he showed me something I hadn't really thought of. I have a really strong testimony of the importance of obedience, but like 99% of the missionaries don't have that. So I will get frustrated when I feel we could be doing better and being more obedient and christlike and he told me basically that the most important thing is that I focus on my own "salvation" and not about the way others do things, that I should just be an example and work my best to be obedient with those that I serve with.


I'm running out of time but thanks for writing! I'll send a couple pictures in just a sec. Love you dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment