Tuesday, August 30, 2016

The Office - Episode 2 (Aug 23)

Dear Everyone,

Sorry I didn't write last week - I didn't have a p-day! We work on a different schedule than the rest of the mission which includes having p-day on Tuesday, and it sometimes doesn't work out because we will have a zone conference or something of the like on Tuesday, so our p-day doesn't happen for that week. But we are trying to fix that! We might convince President Amorim to move p-day to Monday with the rest of the mission, so I might write on Monday next week. Or I might not! We shall see.

It's just been a real big adventure here in the office! We have only 3 hours of proselyting time everyday, but we need to meet the same standards as the rest of the mission, so we have been working really hard here! Elder Yoder (my new companion with Elder Karthigeyan) doesn't really know this area and we didn't really have anyone as investigators when I got here, so we are working to build up an investigator pool right now. It's another huge area - the farthest out we can go is like 2 hours by bus. Haha we haven't gone there yet, but we will eventually. 

Scripture thought - I read 3 Nephi 12-14 which is the Nephite's Sermon on the Mount, and I did it while reading Matthew 5-7 doing a comparison. It was a really amazing study to help me see how much our Savior loves us and how the gospel is true! Christ came to fulfill the Law which was established by Him with Moses, and he did it, while giving us a formula for real happiness as we follow Him. He invites us to be "perfect, even as He or His Father which is in heaven is perfect," through his Atonement and teachings. And it's so real! We can be just like our Heavenly Father. That is the greatest gift He could give us. I know that He is our Father and that the Book of Mormon adds to the testimony of the Bible that Jesus is our Savior. 

That wasn't the best explanation but it was really a great study. You should do it! 

Besides that, missionary work is good. We are working hard and I know we will see success as we work to serve the Lord! Have a great week!


- Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment