Tuesday, August 30, 2016

The Office: Season 1 episode 1 - pilot (Aug 9)

Dear Everyone,

This will be short. Also it's Tuesday! I got transfered to the mission office, and I am now one of the two executive secretaries. That basically means I get to make phone calls to lots of missionaries and make sure they are legal in the country. I also get to have a cool signature for sending emails, which I will put down below. Elder Karthigeyan is still with me! We got transferred together, which is like unheard of. We are in a triple companionship now with Elder Yoder, one of the financial secretaries in the office. This has been a crazy week of picking up new missionaries fresh from the MTC and taking missionaries to the airport at 4 in the morning. I'm tired! But happy!

Spiritual thought - the war chapters in the book of Mormon (Alma 40 -50 something) Have been a really cool learning experience for me lately! When I got to them I thought "why would Moroni put in all of these chapters about war? What did he want future people to learn?" and with that mindset I have been learning so much! Every time the Nephites (and sometimes the lamanites) put their faith and glory to God, and were humble and repentant, they were extremely blessed. Every time! I think Moroni wanted to prove that God keeps his word - that if you have a doubt if you will receive a blessing, or get help, or receive an answer, He will fulfill EVERY word that comes from His mouth/the mouth of His prophets. There is a scripture where God says "though the earth and _____ may pass away, yet not will my words pass away, and they will all be fulfilled" or something close to that. Blame my lack of knowledge on the fact that all of my scripture study is in Portuguese. 

Peace out people! Have a sweet week!

Élder Valentine
Secretário Executivo
Missão Portugal-Porto
M – 910 046 438

T – 220 941 645

No comments:

Post a Comment