Monday, February 8, 2016

Advice from Elder Valentine

I sent Elder Valentine an email asking about how I could better increase the faith of one of the Priests in my ward (I am currently serving as the bishop in the Layton 7th Ward). Here's his awesome reply:


Yo daddio! I guess my biggest suggestion for how to increase faith is just to act! I have a huge testimony that when we follow the commandments given to us, we are blessed. D&C 130:20-21 is a good scripture for that. Because of this testimony, I know that every time that I act according to God's will, I am blessed for it! So if anyone is feeling low in faith or if you are teaching it, the best thing is just to act! Read the scriptures, pray to feel Christ's love, pray to know that the gospel is true, or whatever, and God will give us the blessing we are working to fulfill. I hope this can be applied to your lesson - If you want more, just let me know. Love ya dad! Good luck this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment