Monday, February 8, 2016

Wax . . . no, what??

This one was a real surprise . . . You never know WHAT your missionary might be doing out there!

Dear Family,

So I definitely didn't want to bring this up in the big email, but I did something horrible. Truly horrible. I'm sorry I let you guys down. I feel awful and I can't fix it. I hope you can all forgive me. 

I waxed my legs. 

HAHAHA! Holy moly! I don't even know... what. Elder Garcia (My DL and super chill elder in my house) and I got back from the training Thursday night and our comps were not coming home till the next morning, so he said "hey I've got wax strips, want to have girly legs?" and I said "...why not?" So yeah. Now I have girly legs and it is just about the strangest thing I've ever done. It feels kind of good though. HAHA oh man! Every time I think about it I just do a face palm of "what the heck was I thinking???" So yeah. That happened. Also we didn't have enough strips for both legs so for like 2 days I walked around with one hairy leg and one very not hairy leg. I got pictures because it made me laugh way hard, especially during the morning run with shorts on for the whole Portuguese world to see! 
Also! The training was super super good! Dad - the president told me that I did a really good job and that he expects "big things." All in Portuguese, but that's the translation. Nothing crazy. There were a few different people involved, mostly just a few other leaders that the President invited to do some of the training. My old companion Elder Johnson, who also came in with me to the MTC, gave a part as well. But he already speaks Spanish so it's easier for him! Also I just got out of training. I'm just trying to justify myself, but really it was awesome. And super super good luck with your crazy conference this week! I can't wait to hear all about what happens! Prayin for ya!

Mom - I'm so jealous of you people getting to see star wars 5 or 6 times. I see like one poster every few days, and that's what I get. Haha but seriously that makes me happy because it means it will be super good for when I get home! That's way cool that you and dad got to teach together - I don't think I have ever heard you guys do something like that! And I really loved that quote today - it makes me happy to hear that even the people who reject the missionaries can feel the spirit and come closer to Christ! 

Anna - Sup sister! How was that reading marathon? did you die? I never did anything like that, but it sounds way fun/super long/way spiritual! I LOVE reading the scriptures - if I had time, I'd read the Book of Mormon like every day. It's seriously the best book ever. I hope you read it lots! God loves it when we read His words! Hows your cute dance partner?? Are there any other cute boys at school? Wait don't answer that. Not until I'm home and can kick them into shape. Haha love you, Anna!

Ethan - BRACES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha para bens, irmão! I'm way sorry taht you had to have your braces on during your klondike camp, but dude! You're gonna look like a stud in no time! Can you still whistle? I couldn't figure it out with braces on. Oh snap. I think I was supposed to wait for you to tell me. Pretend I said nothing. 

Ethan - Uh, sup bro! Hows the normal, no-metal-mouth life going? I had the strange urge to ask you if your mouth had something weird going on. I don't know why! Haha how was the science project? who are your counselors for Deacons quorum? I hope it all went well! Love ya home grass smeller!

Well, I'll send some pictures of my waxed legs now. Oh no. Haha I love you, family! Don't let me forget to answer any questions or emails if I don't! Sometimes I just get confused but I want to respond to everything. Have a super fantastic week!





1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine how you looked with one leg hairy and the other leg waxed. I love getting my legs waxed even though it can be painful. I am going to show this post to my husband. I am trying to convenience my husband to wax his legs for vacation. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete