Monday, February 8, 2016

"Another Week of Missionary Life"

Group email from February 1, 2016:

Hey everyone! 

There was really not a better title for this email, because I wasn't even in my area this whole week. I was back in Porto for the big three day training that was given to all of the mission leaders! I gave my part of the training which went really well, and I learned so many good things about being a missionary and a leader from President Amorim and the other leaders. It was a way good experience! President Amorim showed a video of recent converts and their testimonies with us, and I was bawling like a baby. It makes me want to go share the gospel even more! I love happiness! My son Elder Barrett went on divisions with an Elder from my MTC district, Elder Gabbitas, so that's cool. 

Since I wasn't in my area, we didn't have a lot going on, but we did have a cool experience knocking doors last night - we found an old lady who has been catholic her whole life, but has never felt happy or satisfied with what she learns or has from the catholic church. We taught her about the Book of Mormon and the Restoration and how to be happy, but unfortunately, she wasn't super interested. But this has a point! She said she had never felt happy in her religion. I am so glad that I can say that I have never been happier than being here, serving the Lord, in His true church! The comfort and REAL peace that I have because of this gospel is indescribable. This quote by Joseph B. Worthlin is a really good description of how we can have peace through Christ's gospel.

 “Be assured that there is a safe harbor. You can find peace amidst the storms that threaten you. Your Heavenly Father—who knows when even a sparrow falls—knows of your heartache and suffering. He loves you and wants the best for you. Never doubt this. While He allows all of us to make choices that may not always be for our own or even others’ well-being, and while He does not always intervene in the course of events, He has promised the faithful peace even in their trials and tribulations.”

Anyways, sorry this week wasn't super exciting to talk about - the Portuguese people are stubborn, but me and my greenie comp are working hard to spread the word! I love you all! Thank you for your examples and for supporting us missionaries out here in the field. have a good week!

- Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment