Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Seeing Miracles

Here's Elder Valentine's letter from February 15:

Dear Everyone,

Happy Valentine's day yesterday! I hope everyone had a good time celebrating my day! We contacted and had a good lesson with some new investigators. :) #loveofchrist!

So! I'm finally feeling better, even though I still sound like a 40 year smoker when I cough! But it's okay, because I fit right in to all of the other people here in Portugal! Haha oh man. It's a struggle. It rained cats, dogs, and everything else this week, so we had a good time avoiding flooded streets and talking to people in their homes, because no one in their right mind would be out on the road... except for the missionaries! We found a bunch of really cool investigators this week! We found one from Cabo Verde named Claudino who was a reference to the other elders, because he lived literally on the other side of the street from our area, and we found an older guy Miguel who we taught with our Bishop in a really good lesson, and a little family of three who have some promise! Our Mission President made a goal for the mission to baptize 35 people in March, so we have a lot of work and praying to do to hit that goal! Elder Barrett and I are working hard with the members and with everyone we meet to share the gospel, and we are loving it! In the rain. Lots and lots of rain. 

In a big training meeting we had a couple of weeks ago with an Area Seventy, Elder Moreira, he taught about the importance of prayer. He taught us that prayer is the door to revelation from God, and that as we pray, we are inviting the spirit to reveal God's will to us! I really wish I could explain everything he said, but it was all in Portuguese and it doesn't translate very nicely. But I am so grateful for this power! Every new investigator we find is found after a prayer made in the behalf of the people we are serving. I know that God loves His children, and that through our prayers, we are really talking to our Father in Heaven. God answers our prayers, all we have to do is ask, seek, and knock. I love this work! We'll see how these new investigators turn out in the future. 

We also climbed a giant hill this week and found some gypsies who were not interested. :) 

God loves you all! Have a good week, everyone!

- Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment