Monday, February 8, 2016

I've Got a Kid - Not What You Want a Missionary to Admit

This email came January 18, 2016:

Hey Everyone! I ran out of time last week talking to my family. I still love you all. 

So I am training this transfer! My companions name is Elder Barrett, from Washington. I didn't think I would be training so soon with the language and everything, but the Lord doesn't call the qualified, he qualifies the called, so I'm pretty excited to get qualified quick!

I am officially a resident of Portugal now! We get our residency after three months in the country, so that happened. I'm pretty happy about it. I get a card and everything!

Elder Barrett and I taught this young guy João who doesn't believe in anything. He had lots of doubts about how God could be real and how there is no proof and a lot of kind of negative stuff. It was still a good lesson, but it really made me think about how I KNOW that God is real. We talked about the feelings of the spirit and gaining knowledge, and this week I just want to say that if you have any doubts about the basic doctrines of the church, the best way to know is to study it and then ask God if it is true! There is a talk by Elder Scott that talks about how, out of all of the creations God has made and all of the things He can do, He wants to hear our personal prayers. He wants to hear us, and give us the answers! This dispensation was started off of the prayer of 14 year old Joseph Smith. We are able to talk to the most Supreme Being in the universe and ask Him to answer our questions. I love it! I've needed lots of prayers lately as a new Trainer, and I know that my prayers are being answered. I love the gospel! And our Heavenly Father!

It's raining cats and dogs here. That's all! 

Love you all! Being a missionary rocks! See you next week!


-Elder Valentine!

No comments:

Post a Comment